TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bought #771 in Australia today

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by pd_australia, Jun 30, 2020.

1. pd_australia

pd_australia Member

After many weeks going through every single post to understand the Tesla Roadster a bit more, I finally made the decision and bought #771 in Sydney (Australia)

A big thank you for the help and support of:
    - Tom Saxton's program VMSparser. This program allowed me to get confidence in the technical state of the car by analysing the logs with this tool. Amazing. Never knew that was possible!
    - @BartJ for his advice :)
    - Everyone else for asking and sharing on this forum. So much great information on here ....

Looking forward to playing around with OVMS (on order) and a Visium Hard-Top (thx to the person in this forum who recommend it).

k9rtf5s3rxc1mio1x3rton3u.jpg

• Love x 6
    • Like x 3
  2. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

Congrats and welcome to the club @pd_australia! I've never seen the little "Roadster" sticker next to the rear wheel before; normally where the rectangular silver "Sig***" or "Sport" side plaques would be. Is that custom or did it come like that from the factory?

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 6.45.36 AM.png

3. ra88it

ra88it Member

CONGRATS! 771 looks great.

I suggest reading about the fitment and other things associated with the Visium hardtop (such as electrical tape along the front edge) before ordering one. :)

4. McBart

McBart Member

Congrats! I once made a test drive in a roadster. It's a really great car.

5. kjm

kjm Member

A roadster-in-the-wild! Nice pic, so much better than the photo of all those forlorn roadsters huddled together in the Hong Kong basement that appeared elsewhere on this forum recently. So what did this piece of ev history set you back & what range does it have left?

6. im4uttx

im4uttx Supporting Member

Congrats! You'll enjoy that ride..

7. pd_australia

pd_australia Member

CAC 132 after 66.000km's
    Has about 250km on ideal range
    Roughly 90k USD

8. kjm

kjm Member

Your red rocket pocket tourer would just eat the bit of Springwwod rd between Agnes Banks & the Hawkesbury Lookout. It was fun in a Nissan Leaf, orgasmic in a roadster I reckon!

9. Logticom

Logticom 2010 Roadster Sport | 2015 Model S 85D

Very nice color combination: red with the carbon upgrades and black wheels! Enjoy the rides!

10. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

Congratulations! (From the owner of #772).

11. BartJ

BartJ early member

Congrats and good luck with your new baby !