Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a 100D with ventilated seats! I DID IT! WOOO WOOOOOOOO!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeahhhh baby!! Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhh! Epic free gas road trips with no sweaty back await! I'd like to thank my manager, God, the Academy, my sales adviser, my stylist, my personal trainer, and all of you at Tesla Motors Club.

::sniff::

I'm gonna drive (ride, while it drives for me) the snot out of this baby for the next 500,000 miles or more (believe it - it's true - I have always put over 200K on cars before getting rid of them).

Ordered on Dec 31st before ventilated seats were canceled. Then got the options-change deadline extended to the 21st instead of cancelling the original order and re-ordering on the 14th to push out the production - in hopes the battery would come available.

Now - on the last day to modify options without losing supercharging the battery is available!

YEAH BABY! YEAH BABY!

Disclaimer: I'm sure that by making this bragging post the gods will frown. Elon himself will call me and say "no big battery for you." Or the factory will mysteriously run out of ventilated seats. Or I'll get run over by a truck on the way to pick up the car.

Nevertheless - for now - yeah baby!!!!

No, you are not mistaken. This is a post where someone congratulates himself for saving $20 per year in electricity on his rapidly depreciating $100,000 car. The same someone who will be like sad Keanu when he picks up his Tesla - only to learn the very next day all cars ship with augmented reality windshields and third generation massage seats with automatic perfume misters.

I still see it. 10kW difference and you get 41 more miles? And it's a $3000 difference from the 90D.

IMG_7012.PNG
I

No, you are not mistaken. This is a post where someone congratulates himself for saving $20 per year in electricity on his rapidly depreciating $100,000 car. The same someone who will be like sad Keanu when he picks up his Tesla - only to learn the very next day all cars ship with augmented reality windshields and third generation massage seats with automatic perfume misters.

Damn, now that's throwing a bucket of ice cold water on OP's head. Lol

edit: wait, you are the OP. WTF, did you reply to yourself?

Don't forget that OP also got seats that have been discontinued due to durability issues.

I'm that anal retentive guy who gets seats rebuilt at an upholstery shop at 100K mile mark. I'll be fine. No kids, I'm not fat, don't wear a belt, wallet always comes out of pants prior to sitting down. If I had a dog, a belt, screaming kids, etc. - I would think twice. On the other hand I get so sweaty in the summer in So Cal that even if the seats wear faster I'll take the tradeoff for any ventilation I can get.

Damn, now that's throwing a bucket of ice cold water on OP's head. Lol

Well - I'm the one who poured the bucket on my own head lol - look at the author of the post.

Hey, congratulations! Pretty exciting and things work out great for you.

Thanking your stylist and personal trainer was important due to the chick or guy magnet the car will be for you.

Yeah there's nothing like a generic looking sedan everyone mistakes for an infiniti/honda/lexus to attract the babes. The Tesla is the lowest key fancy car I've ever had - which I like now that I'm older. When I was young and obnoxious I loved the attention that flashy cars get - now I like the stealth machines. Becoming my dad I guess.

Now - on the last day to modify options without losing supercharging the battery is available!
Did you actually make the change to your online order today? My order does not show the 100D option, despite that I see it for new orders, and other threads are reporting the 100D upgrade for existing orders will take away unlimited SC. I am watching and will call Tesla myself later.

Did you actually make the change to your online order today? My order does not show the 100D option, despite that I see it for new orders, and other threads are reporting the 100D upgrade for existing orders will take away unlimited SC. I am watching and will call Tesla myself later.

My adviser said I could and specifically moved the date out for this reason. She told me I could NOT change it to an X because this would generate a new order past the supercharging deadline but that she could change options (including the battery) for me up until the 7 day window is over (which is today) and keep supercharging.

If suddenly they change their mind I'll take this up the chain - making a very large internal stink has worked for me before when Tesla did not want to stick to something they had promised. I hope I don't need to do that this time. The language was quite clear - order prior to this deadline and take delivery before April and you get unlimited supercharging. And my adviser - who has sold me a Tesla before and knows I have two more Model 3's on order - has come through before. It has taken a couple weeks of silence and insistence that supervisers get involved but they came through before.

Last edited:
Reactions: SD_Engnr
Yeah there's nothing like a generic looking sedan everyone mistakes for an infiniti/honda/lexus to attract the babes. The Tesla is the lowest key fancy car I've ever had - which I like now that I'm older. When I was young and obnoxious I loved the attention that flashy cars get - now I like the stealth machines. Becoming my dad I guess.
Where I live the Tesla still is a chick magnet.
Just look at the SoFL Tesla owners, many are exceedingly attractive young women, the rest of us are geezers.

Congrats! I waited a looong time on my 90D but finally pulled the trigger after the AP2 announcement and got it in December. I missed the premium seats by a week and 100D by a few weeks more. Doh! Fortunately, we do have another one on order and are waiting for confirmation that it will include unlimited supercharging.

I am hopeful that the OP can make it happen, but once you place the order you are stuck with the "price book" that existed at the time. Yes, you can make changes but I believe only within that price book. Going for a new option will reset the book, most likely resetting the order date but maybe it's possible!

• Informative
Reactions: emchen