Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a 100D with ventilated seats! I DID IT! WOOO WOOOOOOOO!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just heard from our OA and he confirmed that the 100D does not include unlimited supercharging (if upgrading from an open 90D order which does include unlimited supercharging). :( While the extra range of the 100D would be nice, I'm guessing we'll probably just stick with the 90D so that road trips will be free for life.

Last edited:
Reactions: emchen
No, you are not mistaken. This is a post where someone congratulates himself for saving $20 per year in electricity on his rapidly depreciating $100,000 car.

FWIW given climate and electricity prices this is more like $1000/year in free fuel in my area, which could easily double if you do things like leave range mode off, use low regen, preheat the car for 20 minutes a day. The only way this works is Tesla assumes massive growth, and many if not all customers will avoid getting all their energy from a supercharger.

Also - I am unable to edit my order from 90D to 100D, not sure what's going on.

FWIW given climate and electricity prices this is more like $1000/year in free fuel in my area, which could easily double if you do things like leave range mode off, use low regen, preheat the car for 20 minutes a day. The only way this works is Tesla assumes massive growth, and many if not all customers will avoid getting all their energy from a supercharger.

I hear you. For some it makes a big difference. I'm 80 miles from the current supercharger, and even if they add one nearby, it's very unlikely that It will land anywhere between my house or work. So for me, the big potential benefit is that it will increase the resale at some point. Maybe.

I like the additional range, it's a bit more than would be implied by 90 to 100, and the new battery technology.

Too many games now with Tesla. While I can understand why they are making this line in the sand, I am just not satisfied with making a choice between a 90D w/ 257m OR no more unlimited supercharging. I'd rather not have to make the least worst choice for $115K+. I'm cancelling this order and moving on for this vehicle purchase. I will get back to Tesla with the Model 3 next year I hope. At least for that price my expectations of charging, range, and fit/finish are lower.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: bhzmark and oktane
I am still within the 7-day editing window for my X75D. I waited until the last day of December specifically to have a shot at the 100D with unlimited supercharging. I called support and was told a change to 100D would be considered a new order and I would lose my Supercharging date. Okay, then why can I change a 75D to a 90D without the same penalty? I'm pretty frustrated. Please post any success stories and advice here. My local rep isn't working until after my 7 days are up.

I am still within the 7-day editing window for my X75D. I waited until the last day of December specifically to have a shot at the 100D with unlimited supercharging. I called support and was told a change to 100D would be considered a new order and I would lose my Supercharging date. Okay, then why can I change a 75D to a 90D without the same penalty? I'm pretty frustrated. Please post any success stories and advice here. My local rep isn't working until after my 7 days are up.

The issue is the 100D isn't in the "price book" from the day you ordered. You can change to anything else under the same price book.

Yes, it's a bit frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: Nismode
For the same reason they are not offering the lower priced $3000 USD cost to go from 90D->100D outside of USA, I think Tesla are simply trying to get rid of 90D packs as quickly as possible. If every 90D current order could convert to 100D for $3500 USD, I would say more than a majority would, leaving 1000s of 90D packs that they would need to get rid of.

So while I understand their motive, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Not being able to get 100D for $3000 USD more, nor being able to change my order for $500 to whatever Tesla are currently offering prior to production. The former goes against their no discount policy, the latter is selectively denying change to order options.

Reactions: Cowby
img_7012-png.211374

Where did you come up with this?. 335 EPA est. Wow

Too many games now with Tesla. While I can understand why they are making this line in the sand, I am just not satisfied with making a choice between a 90D w/ 257m OR no more unlimited supercharging. I'd rather not have to make the least worst choice for $115K+. I'm cancelling this order and moving on for this vehicle purchase. I will get back to Tesla with the Model 3 next year I hope. At least for that price my expectations of charging, range, and fit/finish are lower.

I understand the pain of the consumer - but we do have to consider the long term success of TSLA as well.

For something painful that Tesla takes away they try to introduce something else to keep sales drivers up.

MX60D Gone - But at least you can still get unlimited SC.
Unlimited SC Gone - At least you get a crack at the new P100 which has awesome price to range/power ratio
All Model X's are now $3000 more - but they all come standard with HUDS!

I made up the last one but its just an example of what they need to do with marketing to sustain sales.

I'm hoping they make the 100D a bit quicker. Right now it has same 0-60 as 90D, meaning a big step up to P100D at 2.4sec with L+.
3.3-3.5 seconds to 60 would put it in league with Porsche Panamera Turbo S and Audi RS7, but still much "slower" than the P100D so as not to cannibalize sales.
Probably slower at the limit. Motor limited, and now slightly heavier. Of course, partial/cold SoC power will probably be slightly higher.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DIL
I'm hoping they make the 100D a bit quicker. Right now it has same 0-60 as 90D, meaning a big step up to P100D at 2.4sec with L+.
3.3-3.5 seconds to 60 would put it in league with Porsche Panamera Turbo S and Audi RS7, but still much "slower" than the P100D so as not to cannibalize sales.

Maybe more motor limited.

A speed boost would probably bump insurance premiums too.

• Informative
Reactions: DIL