Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a 100D with ventilated seats! I DID IT! WOOO WOOOOOOOO!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand the pain of the consumer - but we do have to consider the long term success of TSLA as well.
I hear you, and do agree, but perhaps it starts to look like one thing after another being taken away from Model S/X with no price adjustment, while the Model 3 will be 1/4 to 1/2 the cost for quite a nice product, even with HUD perhaps. For TSLA sake, I hope they will be making a decent margin on the M3.

I hear in another 100D thread that Tesla is considering making an exception for newly ordered or even all changeable 90D S/X, so I plan to make the call to Tesla 800 Sales to politely request the change prior to cancelling my order on Sunday (end of 7 day period). I will still be happy to wait for the M3 if needed.

I placed an order for a 90D on the 14th, so I have until the 21st or Saturday to change. As soon as I heard about this I instantly went to change mine to the 100D. Won't let me, not even an option. Called my Tesla rep and he said its a new order and WILL NOT have super charging. I asked if there was any way I can get the super charging with the 100d and he said no because it would be a new order. If anyone has pulled this off, I'd love to know about it and get confirmation. I am really torn right now because I only got the 90D for the extra range, and the 100D is even better range and a reasonable upgrade at $3k IMO, but I really don't want to give up the free super charging.

I hear you, and do agree, but perhaps it starts to look like one thing after another being taken away from Model S/X with no price adjustment, while the Model 3 will be 1/4 to 1/2 the cost for quite a nice product, even with HUD perhaps. For TSLA sake, I hope they will be making a decent margin on the M3.

I hear in another 100D thread that Tesla is considering making an exception for newly ordered or even all changeable 90D S/X, so I plan to make the call to Tesla 800 Sales to politely request the change prior to cancelling my order on Sunday (end of 7 day period). I will still be happy to wait for the M3 if needed.

People were crying and stomping all over me in the Model 3 forum when I stated my belief that the 35k Model will be completely stripped down and Tesla is not going to make money on it. Configuring it to get some semblance of the Tesla experience is going to make it a 45k car. My guess to get a Model 3 with the biggest motor/battery package will be 70k,

While I would wish you personal success in being able to switch to a 100D with FUSC (free unlimited super charging) it sets a bad precedent and will really hurt those who wanted to do the same but couldn't.

Reactions: ibracem
One thing to consider is supercharger v3. There hasn't been much about it in the last couple years until Elon's tweet over Xmas. I bet it's coming this year, and the m3 will have faster charging. It's possible the 100 pack will be able to take this higher charge. Unless planning to use the super charger a lot, I think the extra range, better resale, and this V3 potential make it the best option.

Reactions: bhzmark
Yeahhhh baby!! Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhh! Epic free gas road trips with no sweaty back await! I'd like to thank my manager, God, the Academy, my sales adviser, my stylist, my personal trainer, and all of you at Tesla Motors Club.

::sniff::

I'm gonna drive (ride, while it drives for me) the snot out of this baby for the next 500,000 miles or more (believe it - it's true - I have always put over 200K on cars before getting rid of them).

Ordered on Dec 31st before ventilated seats were canceled. Then got the options-change deadline extended to the 21st instead of cancelling the original order and re-ordering on the 14th to push out the production - in hopes the battery would come available.

Now - on the last day to modify options without losing supercharging the battery is available!

YEAH BABY! YEAH BABY!

Disclaimer: I'm sure that by making this bragging post the gods will frown. Elon himself will call me and say "no big battery for you." Or the factory will mysteriously run out of ventilated seats. Or I'll get run over by a truck on the way to pick up the car.

Nevertheless - for now - yeah baby!!!!

Congrats! :cool:

I am really happy to see the launch of the 100D and hope that others who have orders with free unlimited Supercharging can also switch to the 100D if they want to.

I was an early Signature purchaser, and because of it have contacts with fairly senior people at Tesla. I was just told that no one will get a 100D with free supercharging, period. They know a lot of people are in this particular situation of having a 90D which was ordered before Jan 15th but their free change period has not yet expired, and they want everyone treated the same. If someone feels they got it, please let us know.

I would like to hear form the OP AFTER s/he makes the change to 100D WHILE keeping the unlimited supercharging AND perforated seats. Based on the information I received from Tesla, that's not possible

I ended up making the switch. I gave up my free super charging and upgraded to the 100D. My whole reason for going with the 90D instead of the 60D was the range, not the speed, so being I spent around $16k more for the 90D over the 60D, it was impossible for me to not spend the extra $3k and get the extra 40 miles range. I wish I could have had the free super charging too, but I am very thankful that Tesla put this out before tomorrow when my changes would not have been possible, and at least let me make the choice. I would have been pretty upset if this came out on say Monday and it was too late.

I ended up making the switch. I gave up my free super charging and upgraded to the 100D. My whole reason for going with the 90D instead of the 60D was the range, not the speed, so being I spent around $16k more for the 90D over the 60D, it was impossible for me to not spend the extra $3k and get the extra 40 miles range. I wish I could have had the free super charging too, but I am very thankful that Tesla put this out before tomorrow when my changes would not have been possible, and at least let me make the choice. I would have been pretty upset if this came out on say Monday and it was too late.

It's a good move. Unless you were planning on camping out at SCs or do a LOT of road trips every year, you're far better off with the extra range and the peace of mind that brings than paying a nominal amount when you do use a SC.

Reactions: bhzmark and GSP
It's a good move. Unless you were planning on camping out at SCs or do a LOT of road trips every year, you're far better off with the extra range and the peace of mind that brings than paying a nominal amount when you do use a SC.

I totally agree.

For me, that extra range would make San Diego to San Jose a one supercharge trip each way driving a constant 85 MPH. And 2 round trips a year would be free with the annual charging allowance.

Unfortunately, I don't think my wife will go for another upgrade so soon. Maybe I'll be able to upgrade the battery pack at some point in the future...

I was told that my 90D order with free supercharging could not be upgraded to the 100D. I want the 100D, so it seems the only way to get it is to cancel my existing order (I'm still within the seven days, so that doesn't cost me) and create a new order. So I did the first part. I'll likely put in a new order some time, maybe if there's an end of quarter discounting frenzy. I can't see any reason to put in one now.

I don't see a way to cancel online, you had to call in?

I was told that my 90D order with free supercharging could not be upgraded to the 100D. I want the 100D, so it seems the only way to get it is to cancel my existing order (I'm still within the seven days, so that doesn't cost me) and create a new order. So I did the first part. I'll likely put in a new order some time, maybe if there's an end of quarter discounting frenzy. I can't see any reason to put in one now.

I'll likely put in a new order some time, maybe if there's an end of quarter discounting frenzy. I can't see any reason to put in one now.

I wouldn't count on that anytime soon given Elon's public statements about the discounting that happened in September. It didn't happen in December and he's publicly stated there won't be any discounts in the future except for used/CPO/loaner/demo cars. Of course, Tesla could always change their policy and use end of quarter discounting as a demand lever, but I wouldn't see that change happening anytime this year...

If I were in your shoes I'd wait for HUD/interior refresh at least. Personally I would have been better off waiting, but that's the price I paid for being a tech geek.

I will be cancelling tonight as well. I don't see the rush to order now. I was not thrilled with being forced into leather seating to get PuP. We can now order PuP with textile and save the $2,500. Free supercharging is nice but I'd rather pay as I go. I don't really superchargers that often now although I have done long road trips but certainly not $2,500 worth of electricity.