Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a 2013 Tesla and because of 2FA i have no way to acces my account through a new device or any device actually!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have recently bought a Tesla Model S2013 P85.
The old owner didnt know that the first owner has to give you ownerchip or that you have to claim ownership of a tesla, they simply recieved a the email adress they used and a password.That did NOT gain him ownership and he changed the emil and password of the account.He now passed it onto me and im waiting to get my pink slip to claim ownership.The problem?I used all the codes and since i changed the email the authentificator app doesnt work!The passcodes are incorect.I have no othe way of signing in because of the damn 2FA and im afraid that when i will claim ownership, i will be signed out from my account and wont be able to use my damn car!Im from Romania so the nearest service or office are 525km away from me in VIENNA! I cant contact tesla eighter because they do not have a friking set email account they just send me to "list of locations to contact us at" all of them have only mobile numbers and the service did have an email but i dont think they really understood because they replied with a stupid question at the first email and then literally replied to my questions with "Ok,please bring the car on a trailer"?
So you can imagine me calling of they cannot understand anything im saying!I dont know what im supposed to do!
Any ideas?

When you get ownership of the car (after Tesla verifies your documents and transfers ownership), Tesla will add the car to your account at Tesla.com. That same login will allow you to login via the Tesla app. So it doesn't matter what account was on the car before... they will all be removed and your account will be tied to the car. No issue after that. The only problem is that Tesla is pretty slow at transferring ownership even after you have submitted all the required paperwork. It took almost 3 weeks of waiting for me... but it did eventually happen. You just have to be patient.

When you get ownership of the car (after Tesla verifies your documents and transfers ownership), Tesla will add the car to your account at Tesla.com. That same login will allow you to login via the Tesla app. So it doesn't matter what account was on the car before... they will all be removed and your account will be tied to the car. No issue after that. The only problem is that Tesla is pretty slow at transferring ownership even after you have submitted all the required paperwork. It took almost 3 weeks of waiting for me... but it did eventually happen. You just have to be patient.
Ok, thank you.I hope that they'll be quicker this time :)