Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a Model 3 - exact configuration is within driving distance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a model 3 a few days. Long range dual motor midnight silver metallic with Full self driving.

I’m hearing horror stories of people already waiting a month for this color and configurations similar.

I see This exact configuration at a service center a few hours away. Easily drivable. I texted my salesperson that has been guiding me on the purchase and they suddenly stopped answering me when I suggested I’d be willing to take one of those VINs

is this soemthing I can even do? Is this something my contact at my local service center can coordinate? Do they have some incentive NOT to pair me with that car? Should I just call the other service center and tell them I want that car?

what am I missing here? Anyone with experience with this?

I got mine at the end of the quarter, ordered on line from inventory on Friday the 27th and picked up on Saturday the 29th. My sales advisor swapped out the car from Springfield NJ to a vehicle in NY since I live in NY to make the paperwork go smoothly.

MSM was the color I got.

I got mine at the end of the quarter, ordered on line from inventory on Friday the 27th and picked up on Saturday the 29th. My sales advisor swapped out the car from Springfield NJ to a vehicle in NY since I live in NY to make the paperwork go smoothly.

MSM was the color I got.
I’m also set to pick up at Springfield. This configuration I want is down in VA. I even told them I’ll drive down there to get it. They ignored me all day