Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a Model 3 seat for use in my house as a chair... how do I power it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMThree

Mar 28, 2019
USA
Bit of a weird question, but anyone know off hand if I just need to tap one of the wires in the harness and give it 12V?

Without power, it's going to be a pain as you can't recline it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 172
Are there leads coming out of the motor(s)?

It's a full chair, so it has wiring harnesses.

Other people complain about the seat and "headrest" but you like the seat so much that you buy one just so you can sit in your Tesla seat inside your home. That's dedication.

I dislike the model 3 seat in that it isn't ventilated. But in the house, you're never subjected to sitting in a chair that was baking for hours at 120 degrees. Also I find the seat comfortable - just not great once I've been sitting more than 2 hours. And at home that also isn't an issue.

Just thought this was be a cool thing to have instead of just a "TESLA" banner in the garage that everyone does.

Watch this and maybe email the creator -- it should be helpful and likely applicable even though it is for a model X. Start around 4:30 I think.

awesome. that isn't for this chair but it will give me some idea what to look for. thank you