Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a nice little fob cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7988.JPG
It was otherwise impossible to attach the fob to my keys. Tried the string method which looked terrible and tried some cell phone straps but it would break easily.

This fob cover seems like an elegant solution.

Reactions: Lodo1000 and JHawk
This thread reminds me I really need to order one of these options!

I got some neoprene ones (wetsuit material) complimentary from the Service Center when I first had my car in for minor service early on - they are attractive, but so slippery against the fob itself that doing the rapid double-click to unlock the doors is 50-50 that the neoprene will slide my finger off the button before the 2nd click. Even more annoying doing the double-click to open the trunk, as the neoprene just slides your finger off the end of the fob when you try to click...

Same problem here. A piece of packing tape lifts everything off. Makes it nice and squeaky clean again. But it's definitely annoying how much lint can build up over time.

Do people not normally get a key cover with delivery? My 2 keys came with a sleeve and keyring that I thought all keys did. Then i had a loaner and noticed the key felt smaller and didn't have the sleeve mine did

When I took delivery of my CPO back in Aug., my wife saw that a new X that was ready to be picked up and had the fobs on the dash. She asked about the sleeves, and if we could buy a pair , they just gave us a pair for free (that's all we got (no swag bag)). I think they work and look great!
teslaFob_top.jpg
teslaFob_under.jpg

When I took delivery of my CPO back in Aug., my wife saw that a new X that was ready to be picked up and had the fobs on the dash. She asked about the sleeves, and if we could buy a pair , they just gave us a pair for free (that's all we got (no swag bag)). I think they work and look great!View attachment 296437 View attachment 296438

My local DA sent me these as well. Decent enough though I like the leather ones (like @GatorGuy) a bit better. May get them at some point.