Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a Tesla Friday and its Screen states it's an Model 3 Long Range SSE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only thing I can find is Society of Software Engineers. I bought the car in Tampa at a Mercedes dealership. When the car was registered to the Tesla App it comes up as SSE. The Tesla store told me it was unusual to come across a tesla which has Beta showing on the screen. I put the VIN number in at tesla and it came up on the App as SSE. it has enhanced auto pilot, summon & autosteer. It shows (Beta) next to each item. The car drives itself, changes lanes, stops, it does it all and I'm a bit over the top at how wonderful an experience it is to be inside it. I haven't felt this way about a car since I was 17 and got my first beater. In any event, any help knowing what the SSE means would be helpful. Thanks!

The only thing I can find is Society of Software Engineers. I bought the car in Tampa at a Mercedes dealership. When the car was registered to the Tesla App it comes up as SSE. The Tesla store told me it was unusual to come across a tesla which has Beta showing on the screen. I put the VIN number in at tesla and it came up on the App as SSE. it has enhanced auto pilot, summon & autosteer. It shows (Beta) next to each item. The car drives itself, changes lanes, stops, it does it all and I'm a bit over the top at how wonderful an experience it is to be inside it. I haven't felt this way about a car since I was 17 and got my first beater. In any event, any help knowing what the SSE means would be helpful. Thanks!

I don’t know that I’ve ever heard of SSE. The (Beta) label for Autopilot, summon etc is normal. They’re all technically still in beta.
If you click on the car in the bottom left and click Software, what version of software is it showing?

Perhaps that's what the previous owner named the car? A photo of the app showing exactly where the SSE appears would greatly help.

edit: Maybe the previous owner's initials? Or maybe he/she worked at Intel and was part of the team that developed Streaming SIMD Extensions.

SSE is the name of that car, you can change the name to whatever you want to call it by pressing on the top where it says Easy Entry and at the bottom of that black box it will say Drivers Profile Settings, there you will rename your and delete the SSE name, your App will then automatically change to the new name.

91E34BAE-E923-401D-A43C-D4C795219B23.jpeg

It may or may not be the name of the car.... the OP stated:
The Tesla store told me it was unusual to come across a tesla which has Beta showing on the screen

Which "sounds" like they took it to a tesla location to show them.

Also, googling the term Tesla model 3 sse and then clicking the little link "must include SSE" includes this thread (which shows how prevalent TMC is, imo), and also this car here:

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 5.54.13 PM.png

No idea what it means, but i am interested in finding out if anyone else finds out.

It may or may not be the name of the car.... the OP stated:

Which "sounds" like they took it to a tesla location to show them.

Also, googling the term Tesla model 3 sse and then clicking the little link "must include SSE" includes this thread (which shows how prevalent TMC is, imo), and also this car here:

View attachment 694463

No idea what it means, but i am interested in finding out if anyone else finds out.

I think that's just a listing tracking number the website uses. They all start with SSE. Lookup any car on that website and scroll down under overview. I looked up a firebird and a Kia.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin