Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a used Tesla S. Need parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No need. As a fellow EU resident, I know that if I import a scrapped non-EU car into the EU I cannot apply legislation aimed at protecting those people who bought an EU car in the EU.

This is like importing a Tata Nano from India to the UK and expecting Jaguar Land Rover (owned by Tata) to provide spare parts. This law does not cover this. Good luck trying to prove otherwise :)

What the OP really needs is a friendly US forum member to get the parts and ship them over to Lithuania.

No need. As a fellow EU resident, I know that if I import a scrapped non-EU car into the EU I cannot apply legislation aimed at protecting those people who bought an EU car in the EU.

This is like importing a Tata Nano from India to the UK and expecting Jaguar Land Rover (owned by Tata) to provide spare parts. This law does not cover this. Good luck trying to prove otherwise :)

What the OP really needs is a friendly US forum member to get the parts and ship them over to Lithuania.

Thing is, we're not talking a model that wasn't sold in the country, only a specific car, this changes things a lot. Most of the parts are likely the same as for the EU version, so you don't have to tell them what you're planning to do with the parts, just insist that they supply EU parts. (you'll be out of luck for a US only part, but you likely don't actually need any of those)

Even then, Tesla keeps a tight grip on parts. I attempted to work with the local service center to get suspension parts to remove the "squishiness" of the early cars. After the service center gave me a quote and placed the order, corporate gave them a call to ask why they were needed and subsequently denied my request. It took a few days of back and forth before we could agree on a course of action with which Tesla felt comfortable supplying parts.

Hello,
I bought a used Tesla S Performance which had an accident from US and shipped to Lithuania (Europe), where I currently live. Now I need a few parts to change like driver side window, sunroof and a few others. When I try to order those from nearby countries where there are Tesla Service Centers, they are insisting that I bring my car to them, which I can't do because all the centers are too far away to drive.
Now, if they let me buy those parts, my local auto technicians would have no problem installing those. In addition to that, I accept the fact that I wouldn't get any warranty, and I am fine with it. But they still wouldn't sell.
Any suggestions where and how to obtain the parts?
What is the last 6 digits of your vin number