Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought FSD, but X is stuck on 2020 software build without it

drift

Jan 1, 2018
Meridian, Ms
Automatic cam save, but bo sentry USB storage capability, right? Is it saved internally? Or did MCU1 get sentrycam USB support without my noticing?
MCU1 cars have had the dashcam funcion for some time now. The output is now saved to the USB drive, in the TeslaCam folder, automaticlly in the event of an emergency instead of having to do it manually.

t3sl4drvr

Sep 24, 2017
USA
Just did mine last week and it was $1,500.00 for the mew MCU and $500.00 for adding FM and Sirus. No additional for labor.

Either they have just changed their pricing (quote I did show above is from this week) or their pricing is inconsistent across locations.

valem

Dec 8, 2020
Orlando, FL
2) There is speculation that Tesla might ship on MCU1 without visualization. There is no official communications from Tesla that this might be the plan.

Unless you consider Elon's Tweet "official Tesla communication" 🤔

He also tweeted MCU2 not needed

MCU (infotainment computer) upgrade not recommended imo. Isn’t needed for full self-driving & cost is ~$2k for limited entertainment improvements. ~ Elon Musk 4:45 PM · Dec 18, 2019

cbednarczyk

Nov 22, 2021
Maryland
2016 December S. AP3 MCU1 FSD. Had been on 2020.48.37.6 for many months. Got 2021.24.25.1 just now. Seems to be a feature release, not just security fixes. Nothing about FSD beta though.
i'm sure that was a huge upgrade, a lot was added between those releases. Everything from games to added features. these are just a few things, not sure how that works with older cars or not.

• Mirror Auto Dim
    • Dashcam Improvements
    • Range Display
    • Remain Connected to WiFi in Drive
    • New Language Support (Hungarian, Romanian, Russian)
    • Sky Force Reloaded

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC