Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought Model S, HW2.0 with maximum available software autopilot, still no FSD FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my post I hope to find people in the same position as I am. I bought 27 December 2016 the new model S with HW2.0. With the enhanced autopilot with software package of 6.000 euro I would eventually be able to drive without interfering. "Just tell your Tesla where you want to go and your Tesla will bring you to the front door and the car will park itself". A few months after that the FSD option was introduced. Elon musk tweets that people who bought "full self driving" will hardware technical be upgraded. However in the system of Tesla is stated I bought the EAP and they interpreted that as the current EAP. My drives navigate on autopilot while it can. What ever I say to Tesla it won't be recognised as I bought the FSD already and I have to pay another 3200 euro.

Are there more people in this situation, I really would like to know and maybe we can do something together.

Thanks,

Peter

Enhanced Autopilot is always Enhanced Autopilot - there is no such new or old EAP.
FSD is FSD. It has never been bundled to any autopilot option. So if you don’t buy it in the past, you have to buy it.

but for AP2.0, you might wait 2-3 years more with a tiny hoping dust.

Don't worry. By the time FSD actually works and then gets regulatory aproval for use in europe your car will be so obsolete and repair costs so high that you'll want to get rid of it.
I have a 2018 with EAP UK and coassionally think about upgrading to FSD and pushing for HW3 while the price is still 'modest' but then you look at all the things the car can't do and the Tesla speed of additional features....and the number of problems; yellow screen fixed but now the binnacle is starting to yellow. Condensation in the B pillars and now once or twice in the headlights. That only now are they starting to deal with the auto wipers and no sign of sorting the auto headlights....

• Funny
Reactions: viper2ko
...What ever I say to Tesla it won't be recognised as I bought the FSD already and I have to pay another 3200 euro....

Hi Peter:

If you feel Tesla is mistaken, you need to show Tesla the proof that you bought FSD. In the US, it would show on the Monroney Window Sticker, as well as a detailed receipt of how much you already paid for FSD.

As mentioned above, paying for EAP is not the same as paying for FSD. Those are 2 separate lines with 2 separate prices on your receipt.

Best wishes,

Tâm

@Peter Kuipers we ordered our 75D MS a few days after you, 12/31/16. My husband ordered and paid for the EAP at that time but did not ever upgrade it to FSD, knowing it would be a while before the software was fully developed, tested and govn't approved. EAP or the subset of AP (just autopilot and autosteer) is not the same thing as FSD (full self-driving). I honestly don't recall if FSD was even available to order at the point we ordered our car since it had HW 2.0 and a few months later HW2.5 came out I think. If you didn't specifically pay for FSD at time of order or subsequently later, price depended on whether you already had EAP or not, then no, you don't get FSD upgrade without paying for it.

What you ordered at time of your original purchase should be reflected on your MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). Anything you might have bought later in the way of upgrades you should have a separate receipt for and it should be listed under your Options in your Tesla account. I ordered EAP when I bought my Model 3 and subsequently bought FSD and my account was updated after that and now lists Options as: Premium Interior, Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability. My account purchase agreement however only shows Premium Interior and Enhanced Autopilot which was correct at the time of purchase.

BTW I took a look at our MS purchase agreement and here in the U.S. Enhanced Autopilot was $5K, and I believe FSD was priced at an additional $3K (total for both $8K, kind of what it has been for both for some time at initial purchase). Our Premium upgrade package ran $3,500, Smart Air Suspension $2,500, and Subzero Weather Package $1K. Some of those optional features were later included in the car's price and standard.

Last edited:
@Peter Kuipers we ordered our 75D MS a few days after you, 12/31/16. My husband ordered and paid for the EAP at that time but did not ever upgrade it to FSD, knowing it would be a while before the software was fully developed, tested and govn't approved. EAP or the subset of AP (just autopilot and autosteer) is not the same thing as FSD (full self-driving). I honestly don't recall if FSD was even available to order at the point we ordered our car since it had HW 2.0 and a few months later HW2.5 came out I think....
I do recall. I bought my S a couple weeks before you purchased. Both EAP and AP were available to buy. I waited on both given the posts here suggesting even EAP on 2.0 was a ways from being useable. I later bought EAP and am glad I did. I then added FSD to the car during the “sale” in Spring 2019 and actually don’t regret that decision either. But I typically keep cars that I love — and our S and 3 both qualify — a decade or more. Anyone who sells within a more typical timeframe is probably pretty depressed about “owning” FSD (perhaps unless they only had the stripped down AP).

Enhanced Autopilot is always Enhanced Autopilot - there is no such new or old EAP.
FSD is FSD. It has never been bundled to any autopilot option. So if you don’t buy it in the past, you have to buy it.

but for AP2.0, you might wait 2-3 years more with a tiny hoping dust.
Or as a 2.0 owner, I might wait another ten or twenty years. But why would I make such an off the wall guess? It doesn’t seem unreasonable to predict that the hardest upgrades to HW3 will go last, but two or three more years? Come on. There is no need to pour more gasoline on the fire unless you have insider status at Tesla.

Reactions: Dutchie
@Peter Kuipers we ordered our 75D MS a few days after you, 12/31/16. My husband ordered and paid for the EAP at that time but did not ever upgrade it to FSD, knowing it would be a while before the software was fully developed, tested and govn't approved. EAP or the subset of AP (just autopilot and autosteer) is not the same thing as FSD (full self-driving). I honestly don't recall if FSD was even available to order at the point we ordered our car since it had HW 2.0 and a few months later HW2.5 came out I think. If you didn't specifically pay for FSD at time of order or subsequently later, price depended on whether you already had EAP or not, then no, you don't get FSD upgrade without paying for it.

What you ordered at time of your original purchase should be reflected on your MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). Anything you might have bought later in the way of upgrades you should have a separate receipt for and it should be listed under your Options in your Tesla account. I ordered EAP when I bought my Model 3 and subsequently bought FSD and my account was updated after that and now lists Options as: Premium Interior, Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability. My account purchase agreement however only shows Premium Interior and Enhanced Autopilot which was correct at the time of purchase.

BTW I took a look at our MS purchase agreement and here in the U.S. Enhanced Autopilot was $5K, and I believe FSD was priced at an additional $3K (total for both $8K, kind of what it has been for both for some time at initial purchase). Our Premium upgrade package ran $3,500, Smart Air Suspension $2,500, and Subzero Weather Package $1K. Some of those optional features were later included in the car's price and standard.
This is what I try to say: EAP or the subset of AP (just autopilot and autosteer) is not the same thing as FSD (full self-driving).
Hi Peter:

If you feel Tesla is mistaken, you need to show Tesla the proof that you bought FSD. In the US, it would show on the Monroney Window Sticker, as well as a detailed receipt of how much you already paid for FSD.

As mentioned above, paying for EAP is not the same as paying for FSD. Those are 2 separate lines with 2 separate prices on your receipt.

Best wishes,

Tâm
Thanks for all reactions. EAP and FSD have not always be the same. EAP which I have bought and EAP now are different. If I am good informed EAP is auto steering and adaptive speed. My car drives navigate on autopilot. At the time no FSD was available because I would definitely bought it. So in my opinion you have the hardware and the software. You can make it sound complex with all kinds of terms that in time differ in content. I would be ok if I had to pay for the hardware upgrade, however that is stated to be for free. HW2.0+ will be upgraded by Tesla for free. I surprises me that even the people from Tesla aren't able to give me the exact situation and possibilities. Even my personal Tesla page doesn't offer me the FSD update, because of the in between position.

Hope to find somebody who really knows what is true and what the possibilities are.

Perer

This is what I try to say: EAP or the subset of AP (just autopilot and autosteer) is not the same thing as FSD (full self-driving).

Thanks for all reactions. EAP and FSD have not always be the same. EAP which I have bought and EAP now are different. If I am good informed EAP is auto steering and adaptive speed. My car drives navigate on autopilot. At the time no FSD was available because I would definitely bought it. So in my opinion you have the hardware and the software. You can make it sound complex with all kinds of terms that in time differ in content. I would be ok if I had to pay for the hardware upgrade, however that is stated to be for free. HW2.0+ will be upgraded by Tesla for free. I surprises me that even the people from Tesla aren't able to give me the exact situation and possibilities. Even my personal Tesla page doesn't offer me the FSD update, because of the in between position.

Hope to find somebody who really knows what is true and what the possibilities are.

Perer

Perer,

I know of a few people who know what’s true regarding this. Read comments above.

• Love
Reactions: StephB