Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought my first Tesla, but not new to Teslas, looking for some advice on floormats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, im new to the forums, back in June i bought my first Tesla, a model 3 obviously(its a used 2018 model)

I bought my model 3 used of a family member for a decent price.

Anyway, my parents have owned Tesla's since 2013, with their first car being a Model S, Ive driven these cars a lot and Ive grown to love them(coming from an 10 year old VW)

Ive made some minor purchases so far. I bought the all weather Trunk liner as well as the tire kit for refilling tire pressure and fixing flats.

Ive also got an order an upgrade for the charging area under the screen from JEDA, to turn it into a wireless charging unit, along with their USB hub.

Im currently in the market for all weather floor mats, as the current car has some cheap POS floor mats that really do not help

Ive been leaning towards buying Tesla's mats, but it would cost me $240 after tax. Ive looked at some youtube videos and im still leaning Tesla. I wanted to buy from weather tech, but it looks like weather tech already made their floor mats for Tesla(they dont make them anymore) and so buying them from Tesla would be the best bet.

Anybody buy from outside Tesla/weathertech and get something as good or better for cheaper? Ill continue to look up vids but hopefully ya'll can help

Thanks again

If my OP is confusing i apologize, basically im looking to buy all weather floor mats to replace the cheap POS floor mats my car has

Im planning to buy Tesla's branded floor mats, but if somebody has a suggestion thats better and cheaper im all for it. I plan to keep this car a long time so i dont mind paying the premium for the Tesla/WeatherTech ones

I bought these $30 ones. It's a great budget option, but obviously not as nice and a good fit as Tesla's.
https://www.costco.com/weathertech-4-piece-trim-to-fit-car-mats.product.100423068.html
Mentioned in this thread.
WeatherTech Mats at Costco - $30

As mentioned in the thread, the passenger side fits just straight out.

The driver actually fits also without trimming (I haven't even trimmed mine yet for the left footrest), but it kind of pushes the mat toward the center console side and leaves a section on the door side uncovered (as like in last picture shown). The width doesn't quite cover the whole area. I didn't use the included carpet anchors though, so maybe that may help hold it better if I did.

The rears are too small for the back (just enough for the two passengers to put their feet, center seat has no coverage), but I just put some extra vinyl carpet protector I had to protect the rest.

There are however a bunch on Amazon that are fitted specifically for Model 3, but I have no experience with those to offer any judgment.

I bought these:

They're fantastic. No ugly third-party logos (looking at you 3D maxpider), absolute perfect fit, and half the price of the Tesla mats. They ride high up behind the pedals, too... many don't. Beware that they ship folded - instead of installing them right away, I let them sit next to my hot boiler in the basement for two days to let the creases fall out.

Tesla branded mats (weathertech) are excellent, though you pay a premium for the "tesla" lettering in the mat..
I have it, and love it.

If you want to save money, tesmanian is good too, There may be a "tesmanian" logo that isn't shown, as I have seen other photos that have the logo.

One consideration is the dead pedal covering, the Tesla floor mat is about 50% high, so you'll want to get a separate dead pedal cover, like from Amazon.
With the Tesmanian (and some others) the floor mat goes up high on the dead pedal, so you don't need one.

Would also echo, avoid 3D Maxpider, for the dated and ugly logo. Embarrassingly tacky..

Go on Amazon and you can get a whole set for front back and the trunks for like $150. They are "branded" and fit to exact. Just read the reviews; I believe the brand I have is called "Superliner" after checking my purchase history.

Anyone have a 2021 TM3 and the 3D Maxpider floormats? Do all of them fit properly and snug?

Some reviews say that the passenger's front floormat doesn't fit right on 2021 cars, where as the mats do fit correctly for older model year TM3s. Makes me wonder if there is a slight change in the internal dimensions of the 2021 cars on the passenger side.

I got the Tesmanian mats and am very happy with them. They fit very precisely, and I like the protection the high sidewalls give. I find them to be unobtrusive, they just kind of blend in to the floor. They don't have any aggressive geometric patterns on them, so they are easy to vacuum and wipe down without having to remove them from the car.

The real test for me was after our recent week long trip to the beach, not a single grain of sand in the carpet. All contained within the mats.

Reactions: Gtp618
The Tesla shield mats from a price point are very tempting

Should i go for those or pay the premium for the Tesla/Weather Tech mats?

I live in Florida so it rains a lot and i also deal with things like sand. I also plan to keep this car for a long time so i dont mind paying a little bit more if it pays off long term

The Tesla Shields are $100 cheaper than the ones from Tesla

I also have the Tesla Shields mats and I'm very impressed. I think they may still have a 30% discount for current orders. The only catch is that they're backordered at this time. I'm still waiting on my trunk/frunk set.

For Florida, I question whether you need the all-weather mats. Sand and water is not a problem for pretty much any floor mat, the only reason I'd go with all-weather is if you get mud.

I just spent some time answering this same question for myself (California), and I decided upon the Tesla 'rugged textile' mats.

My thinking is that I needed floor mats, because I was getting a wear mark for my driving heel on the carpet without them. And then I decided against the need for all-weather mats because I only get sand/dirt/leaves here, nothing extreme.

Next my thought was that I wanted something that I personally liked the look. I looked at all the mats on the others sites, including Amazon, and just felt like these mats had the look I prefer, even if they were just a bit more expensive. I wanted a 'cloth-like' look, instead of rubber, because I don't personally like the feel or look of rubber mats.

Since this is sort of lifetime of car purchase, I think getting exactly what you think is best is the right call. 5 years from now, you won't even remember the extra $50-$100, but if you get something annoying, it will piss you off every day.

Last edited:
I got the Tesmanian mats and am very happy with them. They fit very precisely, and I like the protection the high sidewalls give. I find them to be unobtrusive, they just kind of blend in to the floor. They don't have any aggressive geometric patterns on them, so they are easy to vacuum and wipe down without having to remove them from the car.

The real test for me was after our recent week long trip to the beach, not a single grain of sand in the carpet. All contained within the mats.
I second Tesmanian mats as well. Fit is very precise and I too like the high side walls. I especially like the how much higher these mats cover the dead pedal.

Anyone have a 2021 TM3 and the 3D Maxpider floormats? Do all of them fit properly and snug?

Some reviews say that the passenger's front floormat doesn't fit right on 2021 cars, where as the mats do fit correctly for older model year TM3s. Makes me wonder if there is a slight change in the internal dimensions of the 2021 cars on the passenger side.
I have them and they fit my 2021 just fine. I did have to push in the passenger side center console carpet inwards slightly as it appears the factory doesn't push it all the way in for you. Once you do, thought, the passenger side floormat fits perfect.

Reactions: android04
I have 3D MAXpider 1st & 2nd Row.

I already spilled half a cup of coffee on the passenger side and was able to clean off easily.
Drove through dirt and rocky roads on my trip up to the mountains and will be testing it out in the snow this upcoming winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.