TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bought new S 75D yesterday after tesla yesterday firesale overnight -$7500

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by darker123, Sep 18, 2016.

1. darker123

darker123 Member

Bought new S 75D yesterday after tesla firesale overnight -$7500 discount -$1000 referral.
    I was on the ropes and wasn't ready for purchase this month until I saw the discount...
    Got new S 75D Blue with Tan Leather, Black Headliner, AP, and PANO.
    Total came out to be $79,700 VIN 1582xx what also helped in my decision no sales tax in NJ! Was the first customer at the shop at 10am opening :) and was surprised there was no line... (I know people can order online, so could I but wife needed a test drive and be behind the wheel)
    Anyone else pulled the trigger on this Q3 end firesale?

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. GSP

GSP Member

darker123,

The $7500 discount is interesting. Was it available for ordering a car to be delivered in Q4, or just for what Tesla had in stock for delivery this month?

Did you take delivery of the car already? If not, when do you expect to get it?

Thanks,

GSP

3. davidc18

davidc18 Member

4. darker123

darker123 Member

It is not available for delivery Q4, you must take delivery from existing stock.. I will take delivery at end of them month. I guarantee you promotion will end as soon as 9/30/16 would roll in.
    This is all done to move as many cars as possible before end of Q3 to show profitability, so TSLA can do additional stock offering.

• Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

#5 MorrisonHiker, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Congratulations on your purchase!

I would be tempted of changing my delayed order to an available inventory model but I'm in the process of refinancing and don't want to take on another loan until after I close on the new mortgage. There are some amazing deals out there. While the current reduced prices are already available, @DÆrik Solutions should have those big discounts pointed out on telsaInventory.com later today.

• Informative x 2
  6. Mandes

Mandes New Member

image.png
    Finally upgraded my old 85 to a 75D. That extra discount swayed my decision. Anyone else upgrading? 52 miles and that much of a discount What is the best improvement over the original?

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
  7. Ormond

Ormond Member

How did you find it?

8. CNBot

CNBot New Member

Took the plunge as well!

75 Silver with Black Leather, Black Headliner, AP, Premium, and Pano roof! $79,700!

• Like x 2
  9. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Fantastic deals! Congrats everyone

10. Mandes

Mandes New Member

I had an appraisal on my tesla 2 weeks ago and the person within tesla was looking for deals on show room cars. The only negative was that many people have sat in it from May till now as a show room car but that is worth getting it for such a discount.

• Informative x 2
  11. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Great buy!

We show discounts on all vehicles in Teslas file (what they have listed on their website). Some are discounted $17,000 for a brand new car! A lot of cars are great deals at the moment.

Check out this link for more details on the discounts. Filtered Tesla Inventory Search: www.TeslaInventory.com

Thanks Erik

12. Braxus

Braxus Member

Picked up a S75 w/AP + Pano here. Was able to get the destination/doc and transport fees waived too. They're really trying to move existing inventory for sure.

• Like x 3
  13. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

Interesting it says you have a tire upgrade, but that isn't one of the options when ordering online. If I could have gotten 19" Michelins I would have. Mine came with Goodyear tires.

14. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

Just ordered almost the exact same car!

75D.PNG

• Like x 2
  15. rajetta

rajetta Member

This is interesting. @Dynastar your config and @Mandes configuration is exactly same, but the MRP is different. I also got similar configuration (so many Red with all options), but my MRP is also 99200. Trying to understand where the difference is

16. X Yes?

X Yes? Member

#16 X Yes?, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    This is the new normal, when supply outstrips demand, price is the main lever to move the metal. The "deals" are likely to get far sweeter from here. Not great for residuals or resale.

• Dislike x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Or, and this is just spit-balling here, they really really really really want to have a profitable Q3, and supply and demand are fine, but they want to shift sales forward to meet this goal.

Actually, it's not spit-balling, it's pretty well borne out by the leak of the Elon internal email.

• Like x 1
  18. X Yes?

X Yes? Member

Very disingenuous to investors. Not fun to acquire new shares and have demand collapse because you artificially inflated demand in the previous quarter.

• Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

and this is for a brand new car? or a show room car that was slightly used?

20. number12

number12 Member

Any deals on an X