Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought Tesla Model Y from Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also after a while it does not feel crazy fast and you get used to the speed.
@lionzer26125 So true. My car history has been something like 85hp, 165hp, 250hp, 300+hp, 400+hp, 500+hp...and every time I get used to it within days. Or hours.

For many years now I get my driving excitement more from turns. I suppose I get used to familiar twisty roads too, but they don't grow mundane as quickly for me. And there's a whole lot of twisty road out there to explore. I stopped craving more power several cars back (around 350hp), but cars keep getting more powerful, there's no avoiding it. 😀

Also spot-on in your driving comparisons. Agreed the 3 handles better, but Y has more comfortable seating position for us taller folk. I went with the 3 for the extra driving fun and don't regret it, but it is not very comfortable to sit in. A better seat would help but it is also that position so low to the floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionzer26125
@lionzer26125 So true. My car history has been something like 85hp, 165hp, 250hp, 300+hp, 400+hp, 500+hp...and every time I get used to it within days. Or hours.

For many years now I get my driving excitement more from turns. I suppose I get used to familiar twisty roads too, but they don't grow mundane as quickly for me. And there's a whole lot of twisty road out there to explore. I stopped craving more power several cars back (around 350hp), but cars keep getting more powerful, there's no avoiding it. 😀

Also spot-on in your driving comparisons. Agreed the 3 handles better, but Y has more comfortable seating position for us taller folk. I went with the 3 for the extra driving fun and don't regret it, but it is not very comfortable to sit in. A better seat would help but it is also that position so low to the floor.
Thats funny my car horsepower history has also been similar. I think the 3 has its own benefits one being the handling.

One thing already about the Y that kind of bugs me is that since the trunk is open to the cabin theres more noise at high speeds. The three I felt was better because of non-communication of the trunk space.

Thats funny my car horsepower history has also been similar. I think the 3 has its own benefits one being the handling.

One thing already about the Y that kind of bugs me is that since the trunk is open to the cabin theres more noise at high speeds. The three I felt was better because of non-communication of the trunk space.
@lionzer26125 Clearly you need more subwoofer back there. 😉

Why are you hitting curbs? And you're expecting to hit more?
I"m 75 y/o and have never hit a curb while driving.
I'm with you 'bro. 76 in January. We grew up with cars with longer body overhang. Wheels have moved farther out to the corners in the last decade or so. Especially so with your MY. Just try to go farther out on the turns. I still cut it too close sometimes. Congrats on the purchase. I am loving mine after its second anniversary. Enjoy!

Edit: oops. responded to the wrong poster. sorry. comment still applies

Price sounds ok. I don’t personally value FSD at anything, let alone $15k though.
What he said, OP don't kill yourself on AP. Unlike the one camera Model S, the new ones are terrible, I have everything deactivated and no FSD, but car still applied emergency obstacle avoidance steering hard left on an empty access road in daylight in my neighborhood.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Yep full PPF. I got super lucky about that. Car was honestly pretty much brand new, except for my curb rash mistake. Definitely gonna happen again.

I parallel parked once in my MYP. Was trying to avoid curb rash and was like 8” away from Curb. Tried to get just a little closer so I wasn’t sticking out in street. Was adjusting forward so no camera assistance. Barely brushed the curb for a split second and got 2” of curb rash on passenger front. 🤦‍♂️

Not sure how anyone can say FSD is close to something resembling a finished product. It's not even the best system offered by a legacy automaker, let alone the companies dedicated to self driving. Tesla has failed to live up to its lofty claims and deadlines every year since 2015. I don't know if this is still the case, but they have given virtually no credit for trade-ins of their cars with "FSD."
I have had FSD beta and driven GM Supercruise and everything that is even close and my FSD beta far exceeds their capabilities.