Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought used 3 privately, transporter in accident, can’t access my car, battery at 32%, now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quick update:

I have received the Court order from Montway, which confirms that there in fact was a court order not to move the truck from the holding facility (the body shop)

Also, I went further and registered at the 'Harris County District Clerk' (the court order had this detail), and pulled up the court record and found the Plaintiff's attorney details. I have shared this with Montway to get in touch with the Attorney and request him to allow the release of the cars on the trailer.

I was not sure if I can share the court order here, hence refrained from it.

Yes, I did. They were ok for me to come and take a look, but nothing more than that.

But, after reading the court order, I felt it would be best not to meddle with anything on or near the truck, and further delay the process.

Wow, what an ordeal... and I was peeved because the guy that delivered mine took the toll road and I got a $60 citation in the mail because the car was't on my account but by the time they researched the car for an owner it came up with my name. Luckily I have an account so I only ended up paying the normal toll fee.

I sure hope this all works out well for you, that's a very nice looking M3.

• Funny
Reactions: DarkHorse
Visited body shop today(9hr round trip o_O)..m3 along with 2 other cars are on the trailer..

20191114_133922.jpg

Did you hook up with Montway through UShip? I used them before, to ship a car from New Jersey to California. Turns out they were really just a shipping broker. They essentially acted as a middle-man between me and a contract transporter. They collected a small percentage of the shipping charge up front (their cut) and then I paid the rest direct to the driver. That was his cut.

They provided me with the driver’s mobile number and that was it for Montway. They didn’t know anything else about the transport. you probably experienced something similar.

I just remembered. You were also concerned (rightly so) about the state of the battery as it sits through this ordeal. While you visited your car, were you able to make any arrangements to plug it in? Even good ol’ 120-volt 15-amp service will keep it alive for you.

While you visited your car, were you able to make any arrangements to plug it in? Even good ol’ 120-volt 15-amp service will keep it alive for you.
The truck is locked inside a gated space far away from any outlet. Even if it was closer, I'm sure the owner of the facility wouldn't have allowed me in to the car..not to forget, the car is on the top tier..access would be even tough..