Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

bouncing window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
about 70% of the time when I press for window up the window starts up but it is rejected down immediately. This might happen a couple of times before the window will finish up.
This has been on and off again over the last year, intermittently, maybe more often in the last few software packages.

anyone suggest a fix?

Sounds like there's some kind of impediment that's creating resistance. Have you tried firmly pressing the seal around the door into place, to ensure it's seated?

If that doesn't work - trying re-calibrating the windows. Refer to the manual.

If not, maybe try doing a soft reset?

If that doesn't work, maybe a hard reset.

If all else fails, just take it in for the children at Tesla to resolve.

Had this happen once. I isolated to an issue where my wife left the window down after exiting the car. When I got in and switched profiles to mine, the windows kept dropping back down. Ended up going into her profile, closed the window and turned car off. Entered car, switched profiles back to mine and all was well. Not sure if this would fix your issue but somehow worked for me.

Had this happen once. I isolated to an issue where my wife left the window down after exiting the car. When I got in and switched profiles to mine, the windows kept dropping back down. Ended up going into her profile, closed the window and turned car off. Entered car, switched profiles back to mine and all was well. Not sure if this would fix your issue but somehow worked for me.
interesting, in my case, there is only my profile/only driver. What I am describing is an almost violent switch from proceeding up to going back down.
Everything else about the window is in the right condition.