Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bouncy ride today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my Model 3 for a little over 2 months and today while driving on local streets the ride felt very bouncy.
Never noticed this before and while on the freeway today the ride felt normal, the same as always.
Didn’t really drive it over the weekend and nothing unusual happened and the tire pressure all looked normal at 42.
Also no effect on the steering wheel like shaking or vibrating.
Anyone else experience anything like this?

18" or 19" wheels? Have you driven on these streets before? It may just have been you were traveling the right speed to hit the frequency of the bumps and were magnified in bumpiness. I would try a test traveling the same streets and go slightly faster or slower and see if that makes a difference.

18" or 19" wheels? Have you driven on these streets before? It may just have been you were traveling the right speed to hit the frequency of the bumps and were magnified in bumpiness. I would try a test traveling the same streets and go slightly faster or slower and see if that makes a difference.

19” wheels and same streets I normally drive on.
Outside temps the same as usual 70’s
It just really feels like I am bouncing in my seat.

I tried pushing down on the 4 corners of the car and there is no bounce at all when I release.
Maybe it is more of a rocking feeling side to side when going over bumps even minor ones, I mean I’m not talking about a pothole or speed bump.
All I know is it feels different than the past 2 months I’ve been driving it.

I was on a road trip this weekend and hit a stretch of highway that felt extremely bouncy for a good 1-2 miles. I thought I was going to be sick. Never experienced that before and haven’t since. I think it was just the stretch of highway, but who knows.

I don't feel bouncy, but I do feel vibrating in a certain angle when steering wheel, about 5 degrees Left or Right, I though was because tires weren't aligned, but today they have aligned it and problem persist... tire pressure all check... will have to look into this again, sadly the couldn't replicate it... but I feel every 5min on a slight curve or even changing lanes.

I don't feel bouncy, but I do feel vibrating in a certain angle when steering wheel, about 5 degrees Left or Right, I though was because tires weren't aligned, but today they have aligned it and problem persist... tire pressure all check... will have to look into this again, sadly the couldn't replicate it... but I feel every 5min on a slight curve or even changing lanes.

Check to see if lane departure warning is on

Reactions: rxlawdude
Damn, that's what the technician said... It is on... turned off, no more... lol... Lane Departure on Toyota Highlande, Audi A6 were all sound alert... not wheel vribrating, that just kill the experience... Thanks for tip

But wait. If you are getting the lane departure warning that often, doesn't that suggest that you are drifting out of your lane! Or not using your signal when changing lanes, or both?
Seems like turning off is the wrong solution....