Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bouncy Suspension Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, to be honest, I got this car for $10k less than anything comparable I’ve seen over the past 3 months, so my lack of pickiness was likely just realizing this was such a “good deal.” It’s a great car, and maybe it just needs to be checked out by Tesla to get the suspension reset or something. And yeah, software fully up to date. I might try another factory reset to see if that helps.

Yeah, that’s the weird thing…I’ve been playing around with the suspension settings a ton and they really don’t feel that different to me. Just a lot of rebound. I’d actually rather feel a harsh road than the up and down floaty-ness. Sport mode and Advanced turned all the way up seem to help a smidge, but the car definitely still seems to bouncy. Maybe it’s the tires? Brand new Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season (T0 Tesla, SoundComfort Tech XL). OEM spec/rated…but maybe the Tesla service center didn’t align them properly? I dunno. They had them installed at 45 psi, I dropped them to 40 hoping it would help.
I am running in advanced, highest sport mode that helps the rebound control and bounces, lowest comfort, that helps over bumps with a better ride. I lowered to 38 PSI and its much smoother now. 24 Plaid/19s. It doesn't feel a lot different on corners either. I go back and forth thinking Tesla put too much spring/wheel rate in the car to thinking the shocks need more adjustability in bump/rebound.

• Helpful
Reactions: adcustom