Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boy Am I Pissed Now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled two weeks ago for 2019 upgrade to HW3. Take the car in this morning to Dallas Service Center and told that they are out of loaners. Service backed up. I say I'll wait. Get a text from Tesla, offered $100 in Uber dollars, since no loaners. After 30 minutes, they have a loaner. I drive home. Service Center says it will keep me informed. At 2PM, nothing.
I text back and ask when the car will be ready. Later, I get text. car will be done Thursday due to backup in Service Center. UNACCEPTABLE. This is the second time I have had problems with Dallas Service Center. WTF?

so you are mad you are driving a loaner from Tesla for a few days? Grand scheme that seems pretty insignificant..

He's upset that they were backed up and didn't just notify him to bring his car in 2-3 days later when they can attend to his car.

See my related thread:
Tesla should stop wasting $100s on Uber credits and offer customers the choice to wait

I too would not be happy to have my car just sitting there for days loaner or no loaner. This method of operation is also not good for Tesla. During those 2-3 days they are needlessly paying for Uber credits or depreciation or rental costs for the loaner.

If they are too busy, they should call you or text you the day before so you can schedule to bring the car in at a later time.

Reactions: David99 and MIT_S60
You're mad about the free HW3 upgrade you're getting which at this point will not give you anything new? Also you're mad that they didn't but did have a loaner for you? o_O

I suspect they're mad at being messed around by Tesla's internal mess.

If somebody has a scheduled appointment to perform a specific part replacement on a driveable vehicle they shouldn't be dropping it off and be given a loaner for 2 weeks.

If somebody has a scheduled appointment to perform a specific part replacement on a driveable vehicle they shouldn't be dropping it off and be given a loaner for 2 weeks.
Or 3-4 days, as the OP said.

Is it annoying? Yes, Tesla needs more service centers and techs to meet demand. The fact is, the OP has a loaner (which many don’t get), and he’s getting the HW3 upgrade done now, which everyone is impatiently waiting their turn for. All things considered it’s not a bad position to be in.

Scheduled two weeks ago for 2019 upgrade to HW3. Take the car in this morning to Dallas Service Center and told that they are out of loaners. Service backed up. I say I'll wait. Get a text from Tesla, offered $100 in Uber dollars, since no loaners. After 30 minutes, they have a loaner. I drive home. Service Center says it will keep me informed. At 2PM, nothing.
I text back and ask when the car will be ready. Later, I get text. car will be done Thursday due to backup in Service Center. UNACCEPTABLE. This is the second time I have had problems with Dallas Service Center. WTF?
Relax!! Setting appointment ahead does not necessarily meant the service will be done and completed same day. The completion also depends on whether they need extra time to fix the cars ahead of you or not. You appointment may be based on optimistic schedule that the computer guestimates, but you have a loaner. Why so irritating?

I'll bet if everyone was scheduled for a flight that was to leave at 8:45 AM and it didn't leave until the next day, you would be p-----. All I am saying is this is the second run around with the Dallas SC. Tesla needs to get their s--- together at Dallas.

You're mad about the free HW3 upgrade you're getting which at this point will not give you anything new? Also you're mad that they didn't but did have a loaner for you? o_O

Creating the World’s Best Service and Warranty Program

Elon Musk, Chairman, Product Architect & CEO April 26, 2013
  • Fully loaded Model S Performance 85 cars or Tesla Roadsters as loaners
  • Tesla will seamlessly valet the loaner cars to your location

Making Service Better Than Invisible

The best way to experience service is, of course, not to experience service. If your car does need service, then it should be swapped with a car that is ideally better in some or many ways. To this end, Tesla is building a fleet of top of the line Model S loaners. These will not be our basic model – they will be state of the art with all the best features and options.

Valet Service

Your time is valuable and should not be spent driving to or waiting at our service centers. Tesla is putting in place a valet service, so that your car is seamlessly picked up and replaced with a loaner and then returned as soon as we are done. There is no additional charge for this.

Tesla really should remove this BS from their site... they never lived up to the claim in the first place. The statements about how our time is valuable and that we should be given a comparable loaner are just smacks in the face these days... considering their level of service is worse than you would get from a Yugo dealership.

Last edited:

Elon Musk, Chairman, Product Architect & CEO April 26, 2013
  • Fully loaded Model S Performance 85 cars or Tesla Roadsters as loaners
  • Tesla will seamlessly valet the loaner cars to your location

Making Service Better Than Invisible

The best way to experience service is, of course, not to experience service. If your car does need service, then it should be swapped with a car that is ideally better in some or many ways. To this end, Tesla is building a fleet of top of the line Model S loaners. These will not be our basic model – they will be state of the art with all the best features and options.

Valet Service

Your time is valuable and should not be spent driving to or waiting at our service centers. Tesla is putting in place a valet service, so that your car is seamlessly picked up and replaced with a loaner and then returned as soon as we are done. There is no additional charge for this.

Tesla really should remove this BS from their site... they never lived up to the claim in the first place. The statements about how our time is valuable and that we should be given a comparable loaner are just smacks in the face these days... considering their level of service is worse than you would get from a Yugo dealership.
Truth be told, we had a service visit last week and we did get a fully loaded Model S P85D loaner! ;)