Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boycotting Auto dealerships...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I guess Jake's Used Car lot is a better place.:wink:

BTW, gotta ask: Where is Cabete?
Not sure how that got in there... fixed it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm game too, heck most things can be fixed at independent garages

I don't trust the dealer to fix my lawn mower...

I have a 07 bmw 335xi and there was a recall for the high pressure fuel pump. I took it in to the dealer where I got it (Morristown BMW). had to leave the car and they gave me a Toyota mini van as a loaner. picked up the car next day and on the way home noticed that the Radio would not tune any stations. had to bring it back the following day. this time got a Dodge Charger as a loaner... what a piece of crap. one week later they tell me car if ready... go to pick it up and Dash is scratched I was pissed... had to talk to the manager to get them to fix it.

now there is a second recall for a battery cable... I'm going to call them and demand that they give me the parts so I can fix it myself, after all I would not let them work on my lawn mower.

What I find amazing about the article linked is 1) it's from the local Fox affiliate, 2) Sen. Apodaca was willing to give them his soundbites, 3) Fox pointed out that he received the maximum allowed in contributions from the NCADA, 4) noted that he's very pro-Business, and 5) the quoted parts of his argument that weren't persuasive.

More troubling is Sen. Kinnaird (D) who apparently thinks that the dealerships in Orange and Chatham counties are the "roots of a small town." Somehow I see the residents of a small town called Chapel Hill letting her know what they think come next election. Maybe she's just annoyed that the Tesla SC is in Raleigh (Go Pack!).

Well I'm in, but since Tesla has already filled my driveway (we replaced one car with Model S, which we loved so much we replaced the other car with a Roadster) I wasn't expecting to visit a dealership anytime soon anyway.