Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bozeman, MT Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Easy ride to Great Falls from Bozeman too.

k4Hu21Q.jpg

I was in Bozeman on Saturday, August 9th and drove through the Hilton Garden Inn parking lot and saw no signs of activity. I did not see any paint markings or any construction equipment during my brief drive-through. I was surprised that the parking lot was fairly full at 10am on a Saturday morning. I hope they locate the charging stalls away from prime ICE parking spots since this seems to be a popular area (at least during the summer tourist season).

My Dad and brother routinely go to Bozeman about once a week and know what to look for. Hopefully they can take some pictures during the construction phase for us.

photo 1 (3).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG
Progress is being made here in Bozeman, MT. This SC will take 4 weeks instead of just 3 weeks due to a transformer delivery delay. Construction started September 5, 2014 so a Possible opening approximately Oct 3, 2014. This was taken Friday September 12, 2014.

Progress is being made here in Bozeman, MT. This SC will take 4 weeks instead of just 3 weeks due to a transformer delivery delay. Construction started September 5, 2014 so a Possible opening approximately Oct 3, 2014. This was taken Friday September 12, 2014.

Thanks very much for the pictures and scouting!

A lot of sites get delayed by the transformer install. With Tesla paying the install cost, and then the utility being able to sell more electricity, you would think that utilities would be more proactive on these installs. Be happy if it's only a 1 week delay!

Looking forward to seeing more pictures as the site progresses, and I hope to use this Supercharger in early December.

Great news! Thanks so much for the update. I am indeed coming through right around that time. I will probably be too early on my outbound trip (~Sep 28), but when I return around Oct. 10-11, hopefully I will be an early user! Hoping I can stop by your place, DrGuest, on the outbound trip for charge. :smile:

Great news! Thanks so much for the update. I am indeed coming through right around that time. I will probably be too early on my outbound trip (~Sep 28), but when I return around Oct. 10-11, hopefully I will be an early user! Hoping I can stop by your place, DrGuest, on the outbound trip for charge. :smile:

I'll look forward to that Vger, ChadS is coming Monday the 29th to charge during the day and visit his niece at MSU. So if you do arrive Sunday the 28th we should have plenty of time to get you charged and visit. Hope it works out for us to connect. Btw, Chad S has a beautiful, yellow Roadster, Too!

photo (14).JPG
photo (15).JPG
we are just waiting for Montana Power to deliver and install the 3 phase transformer that would go on that poured pad off to the left side of these pix. Landscaping, Asphalt and stone work on the Charger Storage enclosure is all done and just waiting for Power. I'll keep checking and will update. The contractor made mention of a SC going in Big Timber. That is so close I wonder if it will also have just 4 SC spaces and we will have the option to have 4 more charging spaces there? I will let ya all know the facts as they unfold. :)

Bighorn is it the "Yellowstone - Teton Clean Energy Coalition" ? They are a group that got Jackson Hole, WY some 30 amp chargers for free in there downtown. I've shared an Idea with them I had for getting a reduced price (free) for Ev's entering our National Parks and a fast lane, to help cut down emissions in some of our most sensitive habitats, Like Yellowstone and Tetons.

There's a talk at the university about electric vehicles on the evening of Oct 15 that I hope to catch if the chargers are up and running. Being put on by a Jackson group. I can get details if it's not readily discerned.

Bighorn is it the "Yellowstone - Teton Clean Energy Coalition" ? They are a group that got Jackson Hole, WY some 30 amp chargers for free in there downtown. I've shared an Idea with them I had for getting a reduced price (free) for Ev's entering our National Parks and a fast lane, to help cut down emissions in some of our most sensitive habitats, Like Yellowstone and Tetons.

Yes--there's a panel discussion before a screening of Revenge of the Electric Car. Sounds like your deputy mayor has an electric car.

Electric vehicle, biodiesel discussion Oct. 15 - Briefs - Bozeman Daily Chronicle