TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bozeman, MT Supercharger

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BlueShift, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Bighorn

Bighorn Member

The Missoulian had a pretty comprehensive article about the Billings charger and I suspect they won't be far behind seeking a permit there.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Awwww, that's nice. Billings was looking really lonely.

3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Easy ride to Great Falls from Bozeman too.

k4Hu21Q.jpg

4. Vger

Vger Active Member

Any local update? Thinking of making a trip that way soon...

5. Shortmanz

Shortmanz Member

I was in Bozeman on Saturday, August 9th and drove through the Hilton Garden Inn parking lot and saw no signs of activity. I did not see any paint markings or any construction equipment during my brief drive-through. I was surprised that the parking lot was fairly full at 10am on a Saturday morning. I hope they locate the charging stalls away from prime ICE parking spots since this seems to be a popular area (at least during the summer tourist season).

My Dad and brother routinely go to Bozeman about once a week and know what to look for. Hopefully they can take some pictures during the construction phase for us.

6. Joel

Joel Active Member

7. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

photo 1 (3).JPG photo 2 (1).JPG Progress is being made here in Bozeman, MT. This SC will take 4 weeks instead of just 3 weeks due to a transformer delivery delay. Construction started September 5, 2014 so a Possible opening approximately Oct 3, 2014. This was taken Friday September 12, 2014.

8. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Looks great! Thanks for the pics.

9. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Thanks very much for the pictures and scouting!

A lot of sites get delayed by the transformer install. With Tesla paying the install cost, and then the utility being able to sell more electricity, you would think that utilities would be more proactive on these installs. Be happy if it's only a 1 week delay!

Looking forward to seeing more pictures as the site progresses, and I hope to use this Supercharger in early December.

10. Vger

Vger Active Member

Great news! Thanks so much for the update. I am indeed coming through right around that time. I will probably be too early on my outbound trip (~Sep 28), but when I return around Oct. 10-11, hopefully I will be an early user! Hoping I can stop by your place, DrGuest, on the outbound trip for charge. :smile:

11. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

I'll look forward to that Vger, ChadS is coming Monday the 29th to charge during the day and visit his niece at MSU. So if you do arrive Sunday the 28th we should have plenty of time to get you charged and visit. Hope it works out for us to connect. Btw, Chad S has a beautiful, yellow Roadster, Too!

12. Shortmanz

Shortmanz Member

Here is a quick update:
    My Dad and Mom live near Bozeman and took this picture earlier today. I wish I had more details, but it looks like they are pretty far along. It shouldn't be too much longer.
    Enjoy!
    Bozeman_supercharger_20140922.jpg

13. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

photo (14).JPG photo (15).JPG we are just waiting for Montana Power to deliver and install the 3 phase transformer that would go on that poured pad off to the left side of these pix. Landscaping, Asphalt and stone work on the Charger Storage enclosure is all done and just waiting for Power. I'll keep checking and will update. The contractor made mention of a SC going in Big Timber. That is so close I wonder if it will also have just 4 SC spaces and we will have the option to have 4 more charging spaces there? I will let ya all know the facts as they unfold. :)

14. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

Thanks for the update DrGuest.

15. peterspd

peterspd peterspd

Hope the crews will start to work on sc in Missoula soon.

16. Vger

Vger Active Member

Very nice! Thanks for the updated pictures, DrGuest. See you in a couple days!

17. Bighorn

Bighorn Member

There's a talk at the university about electric vehicles on the evening of Oct 15 that I hope to catch if the chargers are up and running. Being put on by a Jackson group. I can get details if it's not readily discerned.

18. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

Bighorn is it the "Yellowstone - Teton Clean Energy Coalition" ? They are a group that got Jackson Hole, WY some 30 amp chargers for free in there downtown. I've shared an Idea with them I had for getting a reduced price (free) for Ev's entering our National Parks and a fast lane, to help cut down emissions in some of our most sensitive habitats, Like Yellowstone and Tetons.

19. Bighorn

Bighorn Member

Yes--there's a panel discussion before a screening of Revenge of the Electric Car. Sounds like your deputy mayor has an electric car.

Electric vehicle, biodiesel discussion Oct. 15 - Briefs - Bozeman Daily Chronicle