Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bozeman, MT Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking good, DrGuest! And I'm glad you enjoyed my stuff from the Black Hills Tesla Rally in May. See you at the next one!

This weekend was so much fun. Bighorn came over from Sheridan, WY in his grey Model S P85. We met at the Bozeman Supercharger and did our first mini road rally! We drove on South 19th from the SC to Hyalite Canyon. We sure turned a lot of heads as our Twin cars rolled on by the beautiful landscapes. We got a few snow flakes on us up at our City's Reservoir and had a chance to visit and get to know each other. We rallied back down the canyon, across the East side of the Valley and back to the Supercharger. This was the first time I have driven with another Tesla, so fun to see in my rearview or front view and very fun to play off each other as we cruised! We had a Tesla moment when a Truck drove over to us and asked to check out our cars. A young man pulled out his smartphone and showed me a picture of my Model S, Inspiration, that he had taken on the freeway last month! It was fun sharing our cars for a few minutes with these very nice Tesla Enthusiasts. I will really look forward to my next mini Bozeman Road Rally and am excited to see if I can join some of you next year at the Custer Road Rally. BTW, SteveZZZZ, I loved your pix and video of last years Rally!
hyalite with Bighorn 4.jpg

Last edited:
Missoula is open! I just Saw Bozeman's Second Model S at Bozeman's Supercharger and Just heard that the other Tesla was the first to charge up in Missoula just after 9 am moments after it went active. It was the Owner's employee that was driving the car. She said she charged in Coeur d'Alene at a 30 amp overnight and then caught Missoula and then made it to Bozeman. A fourth red dot in Montana is soon to appear on The Supercharger map!

Missoula is open! I just Saw Bozeman's Second Model S at Bozeman's Supercharger and Just heard that the other Tesla was the first to charge up in Missoula just after 9 am moments after it went active. It was the Owner's employee that was driving the car. She said she charged in Coeur d'Alene at a 30 amp overnight and then caught Missoula and then made it to Bozeman. A fourth red dot in Montana is soon to appear on The Supercharger map!

Excellent news! Is Bozeman to Missoula doable in both directions in decent weather? With the HPWC in CDA, a trip to the PNW may be in order!

Today was a pretty mild day in the high 50's and very sunny no wind in Bozeman and she made it. She was super tired and did not answer me when I asked how many RM she had arriving in BZN from Missoula. I hope to meet the owner sometime soon and will see if he can tell me any details from her trip.

Today was a pretty mild day in the high 50's and very sunny no wind in Bozeman and she made it. She was super tired and did not answer me when I asked how many RM she had arriving in BZN from Missoula. I hope to meet the owner sometime soon and will see if he can tell me any details from her trip.

On my trip I charged in Spokane and arrived with 20RM in Missoula...

Excellent news! Is Bozeman to Missoula doable in both directions in decent weather? With the HPWC in CDA, a trip to the PNW may be in order!

I looked at EV Trip Planner. I used an 85 with 19's, and se the speed to 60, then the drive from MSO to BZN or BZN to MSO is doable with outside temps of 40˚. Of course driving 60 in Montana is another form of torture. We need Butte!

Last edited:
Anyone know of a location for Butte or seen construction? Just might need to take a family trip to Fairmont Hot,Springs to check it out. :) Fairmont has a dozen 110 outlets for engine block heaters commonly utilized in this once very cold valley. Back by the wedding gazebo it is easy to back up, plug in for 20 hours while enjoying the hot springs and spending the night . Last December 27 th, I picked up 80 free RM and made the 200 mile round trip with lots to spare. I will need to check my log to remember the amount I had when we got back home. That was our first Trip in our then, new 9 day old Tesla Model S. :)

Last edited:
image.jpg
Bozeman's two Model S, green on the left and my Dolphin Grey on the right. The number of BZN Model S just Doubled!

- - - Updated - - -

She got interviewed in Missoula she said and here it is a really positive and very lengthy article, http://missoulian.com/news/local/te...cle_3fd389a6-0762-5613-9fd7-e427fa0a13ee.html

Last edited:
Is it possible to drive a model S round trip from Bozeman SC to Yellowstone National Park? If not then where should I charge near yellostone? Thanks

PlugShare.com shows a few 14-50 outlets in West Yellowstone, just outside the park. Reserving a campsite with a 14-50 inside the park might also be an option.

GSP

Is it possible to drive a model S round trip from Bozeman SC to Yellowstone National Park? If not then where should I charge near yellostone? Thanks

I've been actively lobbying Chico Hot Springs for destination charging. I went there last weekend and gave the GM a ride and he gave me a verbal commitment. Other groups are working with trying to get Level2 charging in National Parks--I'm sure those wheels grind more slowly. I'd inquire with RV parks at the Gardiner entrance in the meantime.

Technically, you could drive round trip to the entrance, but there wouldn't be much juice to explore.