TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Brabus Tesla Roadster

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by wiztecy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

#1 wiztecy, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Curious on this Brabus Tesla Roadster. I noticed they upgraded the wheels which are 5 lug and increased the wheel size. Curious how they got past the Traction Control issue here unless they matched the revolutions or some secret recipe the TC wants. The glow lights under the car and the stupid rear brabus spoiler just has to go!

"A custom-tailored Brabus tire/wheel combination further improves handling characteristics. The two-seater is refined with weight-optimized Brabus Monoblock S light-alloy wheels in size 7Jx18 in front and in size 8.5Jx19 in back. Brabus technology partner Pirelli provides the corresponding P Zero Nero high-performance tires in size 215/35 ZR 18 in front and in size 255/30 ZR 19 on the rear axle. These tires were developed to deliver minimum rolling resistance."

Brabus Tesla Roadster. ~ [email protected] #44

2009-brabus-tesla-roadster-scn-net-001.jpg

2009-brabus-tesla-roadster-scn-net-006.jpg

tesla-motorexpo.jpg

2. bart513

bart513 Member

Awesome!!!!!!!!

3. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

I saw this almost a year ago when I first purchased my 2.0 as I was interested in the same setup for the fog lights. I don't like the white tail light enclosures or the additional spoiler. Additional wheel options are always a plus.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Looks great in white but don't care for the spoiler which probably doesn't provide any functional purpose at typical highway speeds.

5. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

6. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Looks close to it but appears to be different, the one you mentioned has the "Roadster Sport" badging which indicates its a 2.0 with the diffuser style it has. The one in this thread is a 1.5 and doesn't have the sport badging. Also the sport has the CF exposed louvers and the 1.5 does not. above. Headrest area is different, white on the 1.5 and black on the 2.0.

8. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

OK, where did they get the 12 volt power to run this stuff without cutting into the rather fragile 12 volt system in the roadster???

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Dr Taras Roadster had an added 12V to run the added radio and noisemakers. It was located in the space below the charge port.

10. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

Very cool!!