Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake and caliper cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20170321_123658.jpg
20170321_123651.jpg
20170321_123703.jpg

As to why it is not included - brakes wear out at different rates depending on a driving style and road conditions - why make everyone pay for something most do not need.

This is not about wear and tear of brakes. Also, why don't we apply this logic to everything then? I drive very few miles, my cars are always garaged in a temperature controlled environment. And I baby the crap out of my cars.

I should be charged much lesser than the average P100D driver who jerk rabbit starts their car for fun all the time. No?

This is not about wear and tear of brakes. Also, why don't we apply this logic to everything then? I drive very few miles, my cars are always garaged in a temperature controlled environment. And I baby the crap out of my cars.

I should be charged much lesser than the average P100D driver who jerk rabbit starts their car for fun all the time. No?

All subscription type services have outliers. Same as all with 'unlimited' data plan - there is a limit to what your subscription fee will cover. In case of cell phones - your speed will be throttled - in case of car service - brake cleaning costs extra.

I do certainly agree that Tesla should be more clear what is and what is not covered.

All subscription type services have outliers. Same as all with 'unlimited' data plan - there is a limit to what your subscription fee will cover. In case of cell phones - your speed will be throttled - in case of car service - brake cleaning costs extra.

I do certainly agree that Tesla should be more clear what is and what is not covered.

Fine! Then make it a part of the contract, so I know what I am agreeing to.
They do not include any such information in the service contract - and then point me to a website where there is a PDF that they can change unilaterally at any point without any information to the customer. This should be illegal.

Reactions: William3
I just scheduled my first annual service appointment and was asked if I wanted the brake service. It seems the rate is going up, she quoted me $175. I found an old message here from Nov 16 and they were quoted $75.
While there is snow and salt on the roads here in NJ, I don't take it out in the snow often. Doesn't sound like it'll be worth getting at this point. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Funny, I didnt ever getting the brakes cleaned on the 11 year old RX330 I had before the Tesla.