Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Caliper Paint Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations in the LA area?

I was only able to find tsportline on google but $1200 to get brake calipers painted sounds like a rip off.

I’ve heard that some shops can damage your Model 3 if they don’t have the right jack. Definitely more cautious after my tint debacle

Slightly off topic, but I also balked at the pricing on painting my calipers, and did not like the result some DIY solutions came out online. As an alternative to painting them, I happened upon caliper covers for $100, plus $12 for TESLA stickers.

4x Car Caliper Covers Wheels Disc Brake Front Rear Aluminum For Tesla 3 17-2019 | eBay

Caliper Covers Model 3 Tesla by RPM Tesla | eBay
I wouldn't feel comfortable overpaying for a service I know can be performed for a lower price but those caliper covers look low rent. I would prefer to rock the stock calipers instead of going this route.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I don't know why the aftermarket can't get themselves to make custom, metal brake caliper covers that don't suck. These universals are ridiculous. The covers could so easily be made to fully fit the stock caliper and mount securely. If they did that, they would sell a ton of them. Yes, it wouldn't make sense to make them for low volume cars, but high volume cars like the Model 3, they would make a mint. As it stands, universal brake caliper covers are hideous and no one isn't going to make fun of you when they look at them. Well, maybe not to your face, but believe me, they are making fun of you behind your back.

I used the G2 caliper paint two days ago. Here are the results. It's actually smoother than it looks i had a lot of trouble taking the picture with my garage led lights. I don't have any brush strokes like some people claim. I think the secret is to brush horizontally not vertical. The paint self levels by flowing down so it fills the strokes if you brush horizontally.

PXL_20201019_225210437.jpg
PXL_20201019_221733690.jpg
PXL_20201019_201835333.jpg