Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake caliper painting in Vancouver, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I recently bought a Tesla Model S 100D that is coming in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if there were any good places to get the calipers painted with the Tesla decals in Vancouver. I got a quote from Renewz which was $500 which seems high to me, but I don't know what's involved in terms of labour. As much as I'd like to learn how to do it myself, I just don't have the time and would rather have someone do it for me.
Thanks.

IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG
I just painted my calipers with a kit from ForMyTesla and bet you cannot tell the difference from OEM Tesla calipers.

While I know that this is not specifically what you asked for (i.e. painting of existing calipers), I've also got a 100D on order and I also wanted the same look as you. What I've been considering doing, instead of painting the original calipers, is buying caliper covers. Supposedly a caliper cover will also protect the wheel from brake dust and reduce caliper operating temperature. CARiD says they will create custom caliper covers with any logo you want on them. Here's the link I bookmarked for ordering after I receive my MS:

MGP® 56003SCUSDF - Custom Caliper Covers (Full Kit, 4 pcs)

Alternatively, we might be able to negotiate with Renewz to give a better price if we offer two guaranteed jobs. Sometimes that can work. DM me if you want to pursue that option. I live in North Van so I'm down with that. One question would be whether they are simply painting over top or doing a full power coating which will last longer, from my research.

While I know that this is not specifically what you asked for (i.e. painting of existing calipers), I've also got a 100D on order and I also wanted the same look as you. What I've been considering doing, instead of painting the original calipers, is buying caliper covers. Supposedly a caliper cover will also protect the wheel from brake dust and reduce caliper operating temperature. CARiD says they will create custom caliper covers with any logo you want on them. Here's the link I bookmarked for ordering after I receive my MS:

MGP® 56003SCUSDF - Custom Caliper Covers (Full Kit, 4 pcs)

Alternatively, we might be able to negotiate with Renewz to give a better price if we offer two guaranteed jobs. Sometimes that can work. DM me if you want to pursue that option. I live in North Van so I'm down with that. One question would be whether they are simply painting over top or doing a full power coating which will last longer, from my research.
I'd rather have the calipers painted than put plastic caliper covers on Tesla's Brembo calipers. I asked the person who is going to be wrapping and coating my car to ask around to see if there are any other people who are offering high quality painted calipers. I'll get back to you about Renewz.

Hi, I recently bought a Tesla Model S 100D that is coming in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if there were any good places to get the calipers painted with the Tesla decals in Vancouver. I got a quote from Renewz which was $500 which seems high to me, but I don't know what's involved in terms of labour. As much as I'd like to learn how to do it myself, I just don't have the time and would rather have someone do it for me.
Thanks.

$500 seems steep. Guy in Toronto does all Tesla's for $250 and does good work.

I'd rather have the calipers painted than put plastic caliper covers on Tesla's Brembo calipers. I asked the person who is going to be wrapping and coating my car to ask around to see if there are any other people who are offering high quality painted calipers. I'll get back to you about Renewz.

@Astraviel: Yeah I was concerned about plastic covers too because a bunch of the ones I saw online from other companies were plastic. But these ones are 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum which is how they are able to reduce the caliper operating temperature. I also liked that they are powder coated so they will last. But I'm cool either way.

Also, where are you getting your wrapping/coating done? And which wrapping/coating are you doing? I was thinking of getting Opti-Coat Pro+ done on mine, that's why I ask.

@Astraviel: Yeah I was concerned about plastic covers too because a bunch of the ones I saw online from other companies were plastic. But these ones are 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum which is how they are able to reduce the caliper operating temperature. I also liked that they are powder coated so they will last. But I'm cool either way.

Also, where are you getting your wrapping/coating done? And which wrapping/coating are you doing? I was thinking of getting Opti-Coat Pro+ done on mine, that's why I ask.
I am getting XPEL coating on my entire car and then CQuartz Professional. I prefer CQuartz over Opti-Coat because the former is glossier. Autowerkes in Maple Ridge is doing that for me, specifically a nice gentleman named Ken. Cost for CQuartZ Pro is about $1200. I am still shopping around for reputable XPEL coaters.

I am getting XPEL coating on my entire car and then CQuartz Professional. I prefer CQuartz over Opti-Coat because the former is glossier. Autowerkes in Maple Ridge is doing that for me, specifically a nice gentleman named Ken. Cost for CQuartZ Pro is about $1200. I am still shopping around for reputable XPEL coaters.

Interesting. This is getting a bit off topic but XPEL coating over the entire car will be pretty costly, eh? I've never done any wrapping/coating on previous cars, but then again, I've never purchased a car of this price before so that's why I was considering doing something this time. Have you had both of those done to previous cars?

Interesting. This is getting a bit off topic but XPEL coating over the entire car will be pretty costly, eh? I've never done any wrapping/coating on previous cars, but then again, I've never purchased a car of this price before so that's why I was considering doing something this time. Have you had both of those done to previous cars?
Yeah, full body wrap is around $6000. Full front is around $2000. I'm working a couple of extra weekends to make up that cost. I have done full front XPEL on a cheaper BMW.

I have my X100D XPEL wrapped at PH Solar and also got Ken Wilson from Autowerkes to apply CQuartzPro, which is much easier to clean the dirt off than just 3M Clearbra on my S90D. I’ll have to bring my X in for a reapplication or touch up of CQuartz Pro to get that water-beading effect again. Ken mentioned it’s about $150 for a touch up each year. Nothing but good things to say about Ken’s workmanship and professionalism. Just make sure you book in advance because he’s busy.

Also, contact Ron or Paul at PH Solar for XPEL Ultimate in Vancouver on Kingsway in the 900 block. They give good cash prices and Ronnie and Paul have been wrapping and tinting since the 1990’s. They’ll show you a wall full of pics of cars they’ve worked on from trucks to exotics like McLarens, Lambos, and Ferraris.

Last edited:
Yeah, full body wrap is around $6000. Full front is around $2000. I'm working a couple of extra weekends to make up that cost. I have done full front XPEL on a cheaper BMW.

@Astraviel did you take delivery of your MS yet? What did you decide to do with regards to the caliper painting? I’m taking delivery of my MS next week and still looking into getting the same thing done. Wonder if we could negotiate a deal with the same shop or at the very least if you can recommend the shop that you got yours done at.

@Astraviel did you take delivery of your MS yet? What did you decide to do with regards to the caliper painting? I’m taking delivery of my MS next week and still looking into getting the same thing done. Wonder if we could negotiate a deal with the same shop or at the very least if you can recommend the shop that you got yours done at.
I took my car on the 13th and took it to Renewz a week later. I emailed nearly every autobody shop that popped up in Google that was recommended as being "similar" to Renewz. It was like 6-7 other autobody/wheel shops. I couldn't find a single other wheel shop that did caliper painting and OEM decals. So I just worked an extra half day, took my car to Renewz, and paid the $500. The calipers look amazing. They did a great job. Will post pictures later.

I took my car on the 13th and took it to Renewz a week later. I emailed nearly every autobody shop that popped up in Google that was recommended as being "similar" to Renewz. It was like 6-7 other autobody/wheel shops. I couldn't find a single other wheel shop that did caliper painting and OEM decals. So I just worked an extra half day, took my car to Renewz, and paid the $500. The calipers look amazing. They did a great job. Will post pictures later.

@Astraviel Would love to see pics. How close does it look to the P red calipers? How long did they take to do it? Was it powder coated or just painted over top?

0GbrVLM.jpg

UY6ZVW3.jpg

They sanded it, painted with high temp resistant paint, then the decals and clear coat.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, I’m thinking of getting mine painted. How long did it take them from start to finish ?

Btw, I went for full body wrap with Stek DynoShield, done by Ken of Autowerks. Brilliant workmanship.

Also, do you know of anyone who can/has installed the Evannex rear T lights in Lower Mainland ?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, I’m thinking of getting mine painted. How long did it take them from start to finish ?

Btw, I went for full body wrap with Stek DynoShield, done by Ken of Autowerks. Brilliant workmanship.

Also, do you know of anyone who can/has installed the Evannex rear T lights in Lower Mainland ?
Unfortunately, the only people I know who install the Evannex rear T lights are in California. You might want to ask some luxury autobody shops in Richmond. They deal with lots of mods for high-end cars.

Painting took about 3.5 hours from start to finish. I left my car at 8am, they dropped me off at work, then they came to pick me up during my lunch.