Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake caliper question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so I get there is a tool to push back 4 piston caliper, but the rear top caliper - does anyone know is that another special caliper tool that 'screws' the piston back? If not I'll simply use a C clamp -

I read that car needs to be in tow mode...nothing else seems to be different from any other brake job. Thanks

So I went to jack up car in my garage and first lifted the car to highest suspension level, went to service tab and put in jack mode, then onto safety tab to manually disengage rear parking caliper - the only weird thing is from that point on my headlights stayed on, they would not turn off - thought it was weird.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
So front right brake job is done, went with brembo rotors and pads, solid fitment. Was amazed at how much front pad life was left at 100k miles, at least half pad material left compared to new brembo pad.
I painted the inside fender well as po had run over paint at some point, and washed inside of rim as you animals should do when tire is off.

Attachments

• 20230204_104757.jpg
    20230204_104757.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230204_104740.jpg
    20230204_104740.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 31