TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Brake Calipers

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by professionalr, Jan 21, 2014.

1. professionalr

professionalr Member

Could anyone recommend a facility or shop to get my brake calipers painted to red from black?

Anywhere in Northern California would be helpful.

Also prices quoted would be helpful. :wink:

Thanks!

2. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Interested in the stock black color? I want the red and missed them by days. Maybe a trade? :biggrin:

Edit: Just noticed your car isn't delivered yet. You could call and ask them to drop the red calipers.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@Gizmotoy - Methinks you misread his post. Look at the words "to" and "from" carefully. :)

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Indeed... indeed.

5. CAdreamin

CAdreamin Member

G2 Caliper paint (brushed on) works very well as an expoxy 2-part system and will last about 6 years, high gloss.
    High Temp paint will not last long. Any shop with a lift could clean, then paint your calipers.

Powder coating is the very best, but requires removing your calipers and replacing seals.