Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake controller goes where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DCGOO

Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
With my new X I got the little pigtail that is supposed to be used to connect up a trailer brake controller. I got all the cabling in place. But pulling the carpet back and exposing the connectors, kind of up behind the OBD connector, I can not find where the the heck the mating connector is supposed to go.

Does anyone have an idea where the brake controller is supposed to go? Of course it Friday night and the SC is closed. Nuts!

IMG_5373.jpg
IMG_5372.jpg

Reactions: X-pilot
Thank you! Both replies were immensely helpful! I was not expecting basically a loose connector. I expected it to be mounted on a bracket somewhere. Now attached and works great.

I am not actually installing the brake controller, rather I wanted the always on 12V for my dash camera, and some Ham Radio equipment going in under the deck in back.

Reactions: Tam
It didn't come with my x.. I looked around at the papers given and stuff.. and I don't see one.

Then they owe you one. Contact the delivery center that delivered your car and ask them for the "Brake controller cable" Most customers find it and ask "What is this thing for?" But one is included with every car, although it easily can be misplaced or overlooked.