Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake job costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recommend... they want your money.. I have had 5 corvettes, a detomaso Pantera, have 2 muscle cars now. That is pure bull. Some states will check the weare on rotors, you cannot turn them. You can run your finger over lip of rotor to feel the cut. Mine have 110k, are fine. My pads are at 50 percent worn. He has a 2015? Its new.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Why so interested in brake jobs, irvineboy?

1) they are regular car brakes. Nothing different about them compared to regular cars
2) because tesla uses the electric motor to do a lot of braking, the regular brakes last a ridiculously long time. Longer than a lot of people will own the car.
3) grooving and warping usually happens with a level of use that you’re unlikely to encounter with a Tesla (see above #2) and if it does happen see above #1

Unless you live in a place with a lot of road salt (snow) then you do not need brake pad service. The pads will last a long time due to regenerative braking. I remember our family had a Prius and even at 150k miles, the original OEM pads still had plenty of mm left.

My Tesla 2018 S100D has warped rotors now at 26000 km only. Yes I use them during harder braking.

But more importantly I do run the car through a touchiness wash 2x a week and apparently I’ve done too many coming off a highway. Cold water on a hot rotor...there’s the warp. It’s not just that Tesla uses regen. If the rotors are hot and water comes into contact...