Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake light and turn signal non-working after charge port door adjustment.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JohnSnowNW

Feb 13, 2015
Minnesota
Wondering if there was a simple fix for this, or whether I'm going to have to take it back in. Our Model X had its charge port door adjusted, as it wasn't closing completely. I've just noticed the left-side brake light and turn signal aren't working, and I'm not getting a fault notification. When you use the left turn signal it only shows the green turn signal icon once, as well as making the turn signal chime once. It also shows that the neither are functioning on the image of the Model X on the driver display.

I already attempted a two-button reset, but that did nothing. Any other suggestions would be welcome. We have a 1200 mile road-trip planned for this coming week...and as it's Sunday I haven't been able to confirm a service appt. beforehand.

Wonder if they had to unplug the whole left side rear light bundle to get to the charge port and then it didn’t get plugged back in/all the way?

I had this done at delivery with no side effects, so, it could be a mechanical part of the process or something totally separate but it’s sure suspicious. Anyone have a procedure for removing the side panel back there?

Do any lights work on the left rear? Rear fog? Parking? Or is the whole left rear out?

Wonder if they had to unplug the whole left side rear light bundle to get to the charge port and then it didn’t get plugged back in/all the way?

I had this done at delivery with no side effects, so, it could be a mechanical part of the process or something totally separate but it’s sure suspicious. Anyone have a procedure for removing the side panel back there?

Do any lights work on the left rear? Rear fog? Parking? Or is the whole left rear out?

Entire left-left side is out. The upshot is that the charge port door works flawlessly.

22459452_10214586798689541_6441360587813038026_o.jpg

Entire left-left side is out. The upshot is that the charge port door works flawlessly.

22459452_10214586798689541_6441360587813038026_o.jpg
Definitely looks like a cable cluster was pulled and not snapped back in all the way. Assuming normal things about cable runs! Have you called corporate and seen if there are any mobile repair options in your area? This is a safety issue at this point with no turn signals on one side. When my car lost equipment that was safety related, they immediately booked a flatbed/rollback to get it to the SC.

• Helpful
Reactions: JohnSnowNW
Definitely looks like a cable cluster was pulled and not snapped back in all the way. Assuming normal things about cable runs! Have you called corporate and seen if there are any mobile repair options in your area? This is a safety issue at this point with no turn signals on one side. When my car lost equipment that was safety related, they immediately booked a flatbed/rollback to get it to the SC.

I've only called the local SC and left a message. I hadn't really considered a mobile repair, but that might be a good idea. I wouldn't normally be that concerned with this issue, if it wasn't the fact that the Model X is the only vehicle we own that can be used for long drives.

I've only called the local SC and left a message. I hadn't really considered a mobile repair, but that might be a good idea. I wouldn't normally be that concerned with this issue, if it wasn't the fact that the Model X is the only vehicle we own that can be used for long drives.
I’d definitely call HQ/Customer Support, play up the safety issue/only car/repair should take ten minutes (pull panel, snap back cable plug), and see if anyone is sympathetic. :D