TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Brake light on when I start to drive for first 30 seconds

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SoCalDude, Jul 4, 2018.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Member

81267D19-2B6B-41C6-A9B6-E645F7A82F99.jpeg My brake light does not go out until I start driving for about 30 seconds into the drive. See pic. Also seems like I didn’t get much washer fluid. I will check fluids later 13019580-9F96-471F-909E-83912EFF5101.jpeg

Excellent car so far. Little annoyances is that the drivers door requires extra effort than most cars to property close. The frunk requires a lot of effort to get it probably closed.

2. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

3. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Never seen that brake warning before.

4. itsnorm

itsnorm New Member

Add me to the list of new Model 3 owners that is experiencing the low brake fluid and low windshield washer fluid alerts for the first 30 seconds after start-up. @RandyS -- has someone at Tesla agreed that a software fix is the solution? Is there anything I can reference (like a Technical Service Bulletin, if Tesla does that) to help make my call to Tesla Service easier?

5. Topher86

Topher86 Member

I have the same, TM3 delivered 7/1. Service topped up my washer fluid and it did the same thing the next day. Service said to do a bug report (voice command "bug report"). He said it might be a fuse problem but it would nice if it's a SW fix.

6. apism

apism Member

same here too, my car was delivered on 7/3, had low washer fluid warning since day 1, now intermittently get both low washer fluid and brake warning when first started up, then disappear after about 30 secs

7. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Old news

• Funny x 1