Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake lights / emergency brake lights on model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owners of the model S. Do you Know if there is an emergency braking light on the model S? What I mean is when braking hard if the Hazard lights go on or that the brake light pulsate or similar?

On my BMW 1M the Hazard lights did go on automatically when braking hard. As that car had some pretty good brakes I think that feature is really good.

The model S do also have some pretty good Brembos... And accelerates like an M5.

Anyone know about emergency brakelights?

Yes I know that regenerative braking do light up the braking lights but here I ask for emergency braking lights / warning.

Today in the lines to work there was a sudden stop. The volvo infront of me did break very hard and his emergency braking light flashed to warn me that he was braking very hard. Did help me to avoid a crash. Also a bit icy roads this morning...

when you need to brake very hard it warns cars behind to minimize the risk of them crashing into you. Its a superb feature when someone need to do a very hard stop. Especially in cars with good brakes like sportcars. Tend to stop much quicker than other cars. Strange that tesla dont have this. Hope for an update. Could probably be done in software.

It makes more sense, IMO, when the blinkers are amber and not combined with the brake lights. I'm more liable to pay attention to solid-on brake lights than someone who is flashing them. Better still if you get simultaneous solid brake lights and emergency flashers, but I don't think that's possible with the US Model S. In Europe where they get the amber turn signals it would be, though.