Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

brake lights on screen rendering of car?

hacer

Apr 13, 2016
Clarksville, MD
I have a red model 3, so the car rendering on the display shows it as red. I never see the brake lights "lit up" on the cartoon display, ever. I wonder if this is because they are already red from the paint color so there is no contrast, or because I don't have autopilot, or maybe they don't light up for anybody?

Has anybody see their screen rendering show brake lights?

Skidmark

Oct 16, 2017
San Jose, CA
I posted one a while back...
I have a red model 3, so the car rendering on the display shows it as red. I never see the brake lights "lit up" on the cartoon display, ever. I wonder if this is because they are already red from the paint color so there is no contrast, or because I don't have autopilot, or maybe they don't light up for anybody?

Has anybody see their screen rendering show brake lights?

Regenerative braking, do the brake lights turn on? <---this link goes directly to my picture in that thread.

MarkinArch

1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery
Jan 2, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
I have a silver car and I still can't see the brake lights either. I wish they were brighter and it is a minor annoyance. Of course, I think a lot of things on the left side of the screen should be bigger, too.

hacer

Apr 13, 2016
Clarksville, MD
So I tried wearing my reading glasses while staring at the screen and depressing/releasing the brake pedal and I can now just make out that it does change a little bit. It makes a red area on the car tail a tiny bit brighter red. The two darker areas which look like tail lights remain darker. Without my reading glasses the blur is just enough that I can see no change at all.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Able to see the brake lights illuminate on the screen in my car without any difficulty. I’ve got a blue Model 3.

Reactions: Scrutmonkey

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC