Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake lights on UI not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works. It's just extremely dim, especially if you have a red car. I usually just look at where the 3rd brake light is. Oh... And the driver-side brake light in the UI isn't as bright as the right one.

Ah. I have a red car too, maybe that's why it's barely noticeable.

I'm assuming they will light up when the brake pedal is pressed ... will take a pic to see if they are uniformly bright :)

Reactions: Kermee
I have noticed the same thing with my Red M3. The UI brake lights do "light" when applying brakes (or when regen braking slowing vehicle down); but hard to see in sunlight. LIttle easier to see at night. I wish Tesla would either increase brightness of the pixels that light up for the brakes and/or create a slight gray area around the UI brake lights even though that wouldn't be accurate for the actual vehicle.

I posted this awhile back but after software update 32.2 the left brake light is very dimmed compared to the right when pressing the brake pedal but the physical brake lights are working just fine. I've reported this bug through the voice control but haven't heard of a fix yet.

39974465_10160789835765182_3242531211322589184_o.jpg 40036461_10160790423005182_221234654475190272_o.jpg

Reactions: AnarchyEOD
I posted this awhile back but after software update 32.2 the left brake light is very dimmed compared to the right when pressing the brake pedal but the physical brake lights are working just fine. I've reported this bug through the voice control but haven't heard of a fix yet.

View attachment 334049 View attachment 334050
I reported it as soon as I noticed it.

Reactions: follow.johnny