Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake lights/regen at stop sign

Jacko

Sep 17, 2020
portland, or
With regen on max I usually dont touch the brake pedal if I'm the second vehicle in line approaching a stop sign. Do the brake lights illuminate at such low speeds? Or do you need a fairly rapid decel? And is there any way to know when the lights are coming on in regular driving?

pt19713

Feb 5, 2020
Delaware
There's no way answer as to when the brake lights illuminate while brake regen is slowing you down. I'm sure there's some sort of algorithm based upon the rate is deceleration and speed. I've noticed the lights don't activate with slight deceleration at medium speeds initially but it'll eventually activate.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC