TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Brake Noise?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Romand, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Romand

Romand Member

Hey guys I have a facelift model s and was wondering when any of you push the break it doesn't matter if the car is in park or whatever just whenever you push the brake pedal you hear a static noise or a spring noise from the actually pedal. Do any of you have this?

2. scottm

scottm Active Member

Well, there's a spring in the pedal ... so you might hear it.

Problems with quiet cars these days..

3. Romand

Romand Member

Thats what the last service center told me but i dident believe them do u have this "problem to i wanna go to a differnet center because the other one is not as good in fixing or helping me with my concerns

4. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Actually, I hear a grinding sound on the brakes. Its especially loud if I have my windows open.

I spoke to the SvC and they said that due to regen, the brakes are actually used a lot less. The grinding sound goes away if you always use the brakes.

5. scottm

scottm Active Member

different issue, don't confuse the OP topic

6. scottm

scottm Active Member

Save the seeking out a better service center for a different day, on a different issue. Let this one go if your brakes are working fine (stopping the car).