Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Pad Alternatives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a company besides MPP that sells brake pads for Model3? I have no doubt that the MPP pads are a quality product, I just didn’t want to spend over $200 on pads for one axle. I’ve spent quite a bit of time searching, but have come up empty.

Is there a company besides MPP that sells brake pads for Model3? I have no doubt that the MPP pads are a quality product, I just didn’t want to spend over $200 on pads for one axle. I’ve spent quite a bit of time searching, but have come up empty.

The M3P+ brake pads are the street friendly low dust variety. Low noise and all but they lack good bite. We need more aftermarket options to help drive down the price. I wonder since the brake pads last so long under normal driving if the price is jacked up a bit. They could easily last over 150k miles depending how you drive.

The M3P+ brake pads are the street friendly low dust variety. Low noise and all but they lack good bite. We need more aftermarket options to help drive down the price. I wonder since the brake pads last so long under normal driving if the price is jacked up a bit. They could easily last over 150k miles depending how you drive.

I've been intentionally limiting my charging to allow for regen braking just for that reason (have an SR so 100% is ok). Plus I like one pedal driving

Reactions: eevee-fan
Same as any other car with 4 piston calipers. On our cars there is no need to remove front caliper to replace pads. Just slip old ones out, compress pistons, slip new pads in. Reinsert pins and clip and you’re done. Takes longer to jack the car up and remove the wheel. Slight exaggeration but nearly true.

Reactions: Rottenapplr
Leaning toward MPP, as they have the best reviews so far. But shipping included they are pushing $250 for fronts. The G-locs are $182+ shipping. UPP are somewhere in between. I’m in no hurry, and am hoping that Hawk or another well respected brand comes out with a good street version.

Last edited: