Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Pads/Fluid for Track : How far to go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you could get photos of the stock rear pad that would be sweet, there are some clips on them that don't seem to be present on these (not sure if it matters though)
Stock pads are still on the car, I will not have time to install my new brake setup until maybe end of this month. :(

Sneak peek.
IMG_1642s.jpg

Last edited:
Changing the fluid from ATE to a Motul or Castrol would assist with brake fade more than switching to a track pad. The ATE has one of the lowest dry boiling points (280 DEG C) versus Motul (312/325) or Castrol (320).

The funny part is I also had w bottle of rbf 660 in the garage but we ended up using the ate! I read another post that someone also is running my setup and didn’t have fade as soon.

Going to bleed system this week with Motul fluid for sure!

Top view of rear pad for P3.

View attachment 393676

Just got confirmation from RB, they don't have rear pad for P3 yet. They mistakenly sent me the non-P rear pads. :( Still have almost two months to Tesla Corsa 4 @ Laguna Seca, hopefully I could have the P3 pads in time for it.

Sorry to hear. Do you have measurements for the rear P3 pad? May be able to find something if so.

Just got confirmation from RB, they don't have rear pad for P3 yet. They mistakenly sent me the non-P rear pads. :(
Do you have measurements for the rear P3 pad? May be able to find something if so.

Yep, i'm pretty sure it's those clips you can see on the sides that are causing problems. Unplugged is the only vendor that sells P3D rear pads as far as i know and they are definitely track-ready compound (minor squeaks on the street every now and then).

Yep, i'm pretty sure it's those clips you can see on the sides that are causing problems. Unplugged is the only vendor that sells P3D rear pads as far as i know and they are definitely track-ready compound (minor squeaks on the street every now and then).

Do the UP pads have those clips on them? Usually retaining clips are just there to reduce NVH not actually hold the pad in place.

Top view of rear pad for P3.

View attachment 393676

Just got confirmation from RB, they don't have rear pad for P3 yet. They mistakenly sent me the non-P rear pads. :( Still have almost two months to Tesla Corsa 4 @ Laguna Seca, hopefully I could have the P3 pads in time for it.

Wait what? Tesla Corsa 4 @ Laguna? Link to info? I checked their website and all I see is sign up for info on future events, which I just did..

Shhhh it's not public yet on purpose, meant for people who have signed up in the past to have some advanced opportunity to sign up!

I'm just following the instruction in the invite email from Corsa. ;)

At the moment this link is only shared within the TeslaCorsa community but we do invite you to share it with your friends as well ahead of the public announcement which will be coming soon.

Thank you for being part of the TeslaCorsa family.

Sincerely,
The TeslaCorsa Team

I have been dying to try laguna seca for years but my motorcycle never would have made the noise requirements (and I wasn't going to put the stock exhaust back on) I may have to drive down there for this. That would be an interesting road trip!

Lol ya got me there! Now i'm just confused :D
I'm just following the instruction in the invite email from Corsa. ;)

At the moment this link is only shared within the TeslaCorsa community but we do invite you to share it with your friends as well ahead of the public announcement which will be coming soon.

Thank you for being part of the TeslaCorsa family.

Sincerely,
The TeslaCorsa Team

Share with friends to me meant private conversation PMs =p

That's what I have been doing when people ask about it here