Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Pads for HDPE Days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
new Tesla model 3 performance owner here. I will be autocrossing and doing some HDPE days at Summit Point. Let me know your experiences with track pads and are there any that are tolerable for street and track use. I figured that since we use regen around town, there is not much squeaking when you leave track pads on the car between events. is that possible?

Thanks

John H
Lancaster PA
2022 Model 3 P

For AutoX, the stock pads are actually pretty great on a 3P. The only downside is they are expensive ($650 per set). But they last remarkably long- I have about 300-400 runs on mine and they are still about 1/3 left, and I have never had brake fade even on multiple back to back runs that boiled the fluid. So don't change out for that until you get serious.

For actual track days, you need to swap. Here's a list of the pads on the market:

Personally, I am running RB XT910's, and have had no squeaking. I swapped them out for the stock pads when they had 1/3 left so I can put the stock pads back on the car if I ever sell it. Don't burn down your stockers completely unless you are planning on buying them again.

I figured that since we use regen around town, there is not much squeaking when you leave track pads on the car between events.
FYI, the place pads tend to squeak the most is at very low speeds- and this is where regen doesn't work at all. Your car can't come to a complete stop with regen only, so you'll get noise with noisy pads.

• Informative
Reactions: Fprodget and tm1v2