Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

brake pads lasted 270k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100,027 km, 2016 X, extreme cold winter.
I was told every two years my vehicle needs brake fluid flush if not the pads get jammed in the rotors. Luckily my calipers were salvaged. I used regen a lot in summers, during icy and slippery conditions i drive in chill mode and low regeneration. Rear brakes still good. Just got back my vehicle yesterday after steering replacement as it broke before my recall appointment, was in SC for 3 weeks.
Screenshot_20200313-064715_Samsung Internet.jpg

There are other brake pads available. I just put new Bosch ceramic pads and Powerstop coated rotors up front this morning. Total was $218.39 shipped to my door. The pads alone were just over 50 bucks.

My pads were very difficult to remove from the caliper. One pad alone took me half an hour of prying and swearing.

Even though the pads or rotors may not "wear out" they should still be serviced. I'd wager their lack of use contributes to their likelihood of seizing. I have about 56k on my car and the front rotors were warped. Pads still had lots of life left in them, but I replaced them while I was in there for good measure.