TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Brake pedal clunk

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ElectricAvenue, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ElectricAvenue

When sitting at red light in perfect silence, the light turns green and I take my foot off the brake pedal and "Clunk" goes the pedal hits what ever it is where it lays without being pressed.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a fix?

2. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Yes, I have noticed. This was a factory oversight. There should be a rubber bumper to prevent that.

3. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Member

Yes, and it drives me nuts as well. When I drive our other car (2011 BMW 335i) the clunk/clank is conspicuous by its absence.

Other noises in need of attention, mostly because the car is so quite otherwise:

2. door slam sounds are "not of quality" to be polite about it,
    3. wheel well noise is excessive as well,
    4. HVAC compressor and fans when under high cooling loads.

Given that this their first ever design, I cut them some slack, but now that we're approaching 18 months of production it would be nice if they could address some of these.

4. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

As other have observed, Tesla does indeed monitor these points! I got called yesterday by a service advisor who asked me about my brake pedal noise and schedule me in for Monday so they can check it out. Will post what they find/do.

Exceptional service.... without even waiting for me to call :smile:

5. rekoh

rekoh Member

Hmmm...

I have even called the SC on this and was told that they cannot adjust the brake pedal by law... :confused:

Let me know what they do so I can just do it myself, or recall the service center.. the clunk is very annoying.

6. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Laws could be different in different states, but most likely it was a misunderstanding about the issue.

I don't recall this noise at all but I'll keep an ear out for it.

7. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

8. rekoh

rekoh Member

I have my 12k service coming up.. I will have them look at it again. My service center team is awesome.

9. jgallops

jgallops Not so Well Known Member

You would think by now this would be fixed! My 85D does this exact same thing. Sounds like some kind of bumper is missing.