Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Pedal Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when starting or stopping I can hear a sort of Grinding/clicking sound from the brake pedal. I listen outside and it's not audible outside so It's inside. I've taken the panel off and looked up from the floor to see if the brake pedal is catching on something as it releases/engages.

I suspect it's the mechanical device (don't know name) that engages the bakes when hold is on, and therefore it is faulty or got a loose something. I don;lt hear it when pressing the pedal, it only when the car is engaging/releasing the brakes.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a noise or can point me to the part. I'll be taking it at some point when I have time.

All I hear is a high-pitched squeal when the actual brakes come on... I've tried slamming on the brakes to clear this up but the regen is turned so high I'm not sure how much actual braking I'm doing.

On a related note, there is some noise when the hold brake comes on but, yeah, not a grinding noise.

The Y has a "click" and a little movement in the pedal right when the car fully stops or begins moving (either with Hold on or using autopilot). It's normal and something I've noticed in several other cars with auto-cruise.

Yah it's not this, or at least if it is it something broken related to this.

I'm not sold on the techs diagnosis of something rolling around in the floor as I don't hear it when breaking at faster speed. But we shall see soon I hope.
The Y has a "click" and a little movement in the pedal right when the car fully stops or begins moving (either with Hold on or using autopilot). It's normal and something I've noticed in several other cars with auto-cruise.

So yah something in the floor vent. Noise completely gone.

Dam kids. They didn't charge and ended up replacing so fluid temp sensors while it was there.

Attachments

• 20210916_162529.jpg
    20210916_162529.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: Ken_Y