Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Pedal Ugly Weld Cover (Interested???)

If there was a cover available for the ugly brake pedal weld, would you be interested?

• I would if it was priced between $30 and $40

• Yes, but $30 to $40 would be too much

• Doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, I think I could get something like a u style cover you are mentioning designed and printed over a weekend...

Let me know, and I will buy it from you :). Not trying to make money here. Was just trying to solve a problem and this was the first thought at fixing it. It is a little trickier to design because of the awkward angles of the bracket, but not impossible by any means. I wasn't expecting enough interest to get a mold made, so thus the 3D printing option. It does have to be right though given that it is attached to the brake pedal and have tolerances to secure given the randomness of those goofy welds.

What would work well is heat shrink tubing, if there was any way to get it on without cutting it open. A hot air gun would shrink and cover it up nicely and dull black appearance would look okay. Does the pedal unbolt or otherwise detach? I'm not going to bother, although that weld is huge and hideous on mine. Why it is there at all, or on the side that we get to see (and not on the back) is beyond me. I was better off not knowing about it...

As some of you are aware, Tesla put a brutal weld on top of the bracket for the brake pedal. My son is a mechanical engineer and we are thinking about making a "U" shaped cover to go over the bracket. This is not a trivial piece in that it is a very odd shape and will take several iterations. Planning on 3D printing the prototypes and from there we can figure out production.

Trying to gauge interest. If it isn't there, we may bag the whole thing. Have to get a bigger printer to support the size and then there are the iterations as this one will take several times to get right (IMO).

Also feel free to PM me if you are really interested.

Let me know guys & gals...

Dave

View attachment 569049
Hello! Yes, I am an OCD physician and new Tesla owner and discovered this atrocious cosmetic issue today on my new Model Y. It is shocking that a gorgeous vehicle like the Tesla Y would be produced like this. I am tentatively going to use the carbon wrap to make it more acceptable but would greatly be interested in a molded piece for both the brake stem and the accelerator stem to they would match. Thank you for posting this. I was absolutely shocked to see it this morning in the bright sunlight after starting and stopping my new Y in early morning and late night darkness ;)