Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Rotor and Pads the cause of reduced range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just though I would share my story. Been mainly commuting about 50 miles a day so I did not really notice any issues with my MS 70. then, on a spur of the moment decision, I went to visit friends in SF and seeing how I had previously completed this trip in the past, I did not really think much of it in the beginning. Range issues became apparent as the trip computer kept routing me to the closer Supercharger station and my average wh/mile was 423. from a full charge, I was only able to drive about 65% of my range before stopping to recharge. I immediately scheduled a service for Tesla thinking it was a battery issue.

However, After inspection, it was found that my brakes and rotors were the cause of the increased wh/mile and after replacing/resurfacing with a brake flush, my average is now back down to 300s and estimated range and distances are back to normal.

going to verify this soon by taking another road trip this weekend just so i have peace of mind.

TL:DR - Check your Brakes

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB