Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Anyone have access to this info?

I have heard that the Camaro SS from 2010 on have the same size brakes as a Tesla Model S.
I am having trouble finding out the size of the wheel hub and hat height to see if they would in fact fit.

I had to brake hard the other day to avoid a collision, cold out now in Toronto, and warped my rotors.
Tesla is taking my car in for service and has said that they will most likely cover under warranty for me, and great if they do! I have always been very impressed with the level of service.

Now, a great benefit to Tesla is very low brake ware. And an unfortunate disadvantage in my case where the lack of brake use in cold weather caused the sudden and hard brake use to heat and cool the rotors to the pointing of warping.....
If Tesla had Slotted disc's, I think that would be the perfect combo. Drilled rotors may be prone to heat problems in the same scenario I endured and cause cracking near the drill holes. Don't think they would warp, but maybe crack.

There are a couple brake kits out for Tesla and price is a out there too! Now if the Camaro Brake rotors do in fact fit, that would be a great alternative for us Tesla owners to get some slotted or better performing rotors at reasonable pricing.
Any help to dissipate brake heat for the odd occasion we have to really hit the brakes, IMO would make the car that much better.
RB Brakes has a decent looking 2 piece brake set @ $2600 USD so at absolute worst case, once my car hits the end of initial warranty, I might go that way. But really a good set of rotors for the Camaro are in the $400 - $1000 range.

I know the bolt pattern is the same as well as the front and back rotor sizes (Diameter and thickness).
I am wondering about the Hat height and hub reg sizes.

So if anyone out there has access to that sort of info, please share with us as I am sure there are quite a few owners that may want to know.

I posted this on Tesla Forum as well, to see if any one knows and if I find out that they do fit, I will share my findings.....
Even if I have to buy one of each front and back for the Camaro and simply try for my self, would not be till summer time if I need to.

Thanks everyone.

Mike

I actually ordered the Camaro SS rotors and pads to replace the brakes on my S and the pads are correct however the rotors are not. The area of the rotor that goes over the wheel hub is much deeper on our Teslas than the Camaro SS rotors for the front at least. I only got that far before returning the rotors. Does anybody know an actual set of rotors that will fit the front of our vehicles? Everything else appeared the same size except how far the rotor slid onto the hub. It would not reach the caliper.

RB has a 2 piece rotor kit that I recommend. Or just get their rotors.
You will get away from having to carry a vestiginal drum brake casting used on older Camaros. Yes, your Tesla rear rotor is set up for a drum emergency brake.
Rusty Tesla rear drum brake.JPG