Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake switch: help requested

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

The brake switch of my roadster is broken.

It is now in back order with Tesla US.
This will take weeks.

We now have summer here in the Netherlands and it breaks my heart not to be able to drive my Roadster!

Does anyone know which brake switch is used? If possible I want to order it from e.g. Lotus, Ford or Opel to save time.

Thanks!

If you mean the brake light switch, it is part of a whole assembly that includes the brake pedal (crazy, I know). Mine was replaced recently; the invoice reads Pedal Box Assembly; Switch - Brake Lamp (2000226). As it was under my ESA, I'm afraid I don't know the price. Best of luck!

If you mean the brake light switch, it is part of a whole assembly that includes the brake pedal (crazy, I know). Mine was replaced recently; the invoice reads Pedal Box Assembly; Switch - Brake Lamp (2000226). As it was under my ESA, I'm afraid I don't know the price. Best of luck!
Thanks I meant brake light switch indeed.

Sounds difficult..
My SC ordered just the switch, but this will take weeks.

There must be a way to get this quicker.

Thanks I agree it is probably Lotus. The switch on the Tesla website looks different from the one you sent.

I think I found one more resembling the Tesla part but it is sold out.

If you Google Lotus Elise brake light switch I get over 100 results, all different switches.

I guess I will have to wait for Tesla.

@GJVR, check Lotus dealer in Houten. They are very much aware of the Tesla Roadsters. The mechanic is very enthusiastic and has Tesla Roadsters in maintenance he told me.
He helped me great with a broken window washer tube. He will know if he can fix it.
Thanks Marius!
When I read this I was litterally pulling out their parking lot. :)

I got the switch from them.
Brought it to Tesla and hope they finish my car soon.

Thanks all!