Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake vs. Break - grammar lesson

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're preaching to deaf ears, Ron. The misspellings of homophones on here are rampant, but other than a few of us like you and me, no one seems to care.

But let someone conflate kilowatts with kilowatt-hours, and they lower the boom.

And, coffee has two e's! LOL

And colour is spelled..you know...colour..at least in the civilized world. :)

I admin one of my pet peeves is when people use “amount” when they mean “number” ... “The amount of cars was...” instead of “The number of cars was...”.

Amount is used for continuous quantities (how much you weigh), number is used for discrete quantities (how many children you have). So when you bake a cake, the recipe calls for an amount of flour and a number of eggs. Saying “amount of eggs” Is as bad as saying “a number of flour”.

Eye sea watt ewe bee dewing they're.

It's "Eye sea watt chew air dune their." Common mistake. Many of us who have learned to spell have pretty much gotten used to living in the same world with people who just don't care. Or who find it's just too hard to look up. I personally would love spending hours correcting people, but it doesn't do any good. At least they have learned to spell TESLA.

My wife asks me how to spell something a half dozen to a dozen times a day. I'm glad I can help, and I'm glad she knows when she can't spell a word. As I write books, it sure saves time and the plot line when I don't have to type a word into Google.

Reactions: drdumont
I admin one of my pet peeves is when people use “amount” when they mean “number” ... “The amount of cars was...” instead of “The number of cars was...”.

Amount is used for continuous quantities (how much you weigh), number is used for discrete quantities (how many children you have). So when you bake a cake, the recipe calls for an amount of flour and a number of eggs. Saying “amount of eggs” Is as bad as saying “a number of flour”.
I like the amount of children ! That is how I feel with my 3 kids sometimes ! :)

I'm trying to brake my roof glass.
IMG_20200526_184059.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: bpjod