Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake/windshield fluid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine's already empty in the first week (must have not been filled at the factory, or there's a leak). Of course, I didn't actually take possession of it until 2-1/2 months after "delivery" because of aesthetic repairs being made, so there's no telling what may have transpired with that reservoir between then and now.

I know this is a really old thread but my washer fluid was legit low and I got a warning message. I filled it up and it still thinks it's low. Rebooted the system twice, same deal. any ideas?

what kind of fluid did you use in the washer reservoir? some fluids have chemicals in them that can affect some specific type of sensors in the washer reservoir.

rainx for example was sued in a class action lawsuit when car owners discovered something in rainx was causing the sensor to degrade, which would stop working and throw the low fluid warning error.

here is a thread from BITOG forum (which i loved in my petrol car days)

Rain-X washer fluid ruins low fluid sensor?

Maker of Rain-X Facing Class Action Over Washer Fluid Sensor Problems

this may or may not be what you issue could be but what you described mirrors the findings of others.

Well, the Court didn't agree that RainX was the problem - In fact,

The defendants denied any wrongdoing and the suit was eventually dismissed with prejudice in May 2017.

If the Court had thought that this suit had ANY merit, it wouldn't have dismissed it with prejudice!
(FYI - that means "Don't bother the Court again with such stupid crap.")

I've used RainX in BMWs for over 25 years, and never had sensor problems. Of course BMW keeps using cheaper parts in their cars each year, so this could be a recent development.

because the court did not find any abuse with defendant does not mean the customers did not have the issue. it just means rainx's lawyers were slicker. :p

there are different sensors in cars - some sensors were affected and some were not. just because you didn't experience any issue does not mean it was not an issue with others.

• Disagree
Reactions: giantshark18